Second Skin Audio

Boss and Pyle are just cheap junk. Whatever they say for rated rms power cut that in half and you will still be overpowering them. On top of that they are peaky and don't have good frequency response. I know this because I once had the same question so I bought one. It took the power fine and got decently loud but sounded terrible. My advice is to buy 1, I mean its 90 bucks. Build a good box for it and see what it can do. We can sit here and tell you to buy sundown all day but until you really hear the difference you won't know why. And its possible it will perform to your liking and you just found your new favorite sub. Or it sucks and you will be like "ah, I see now, sundown it is." Like n8 said they look like Memphis baskets so maybe they keep cost low by using someone else's design.

I got 2 15's from them last year for free to review. They claimed to be 600 watts(rms). Hell naw they weren't. I had them hooked up to a hifonics hfi 1500 and they didn't last more than 5 minutes. I had them in a pre fab atrend box. I don't remember which subs they were, I just know they were supposed to be 600 watts. The customer service is great if that helps.

Well, Thats good to know, but this is kinda adding to my question! would they have been fine if you used a 1200W rms Lanzar amp? How did you get into reviewing subwoofers?

x2 on the SQ

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

I got 2 15's from them last year for free to review. They claimed to be 600 watts(rms). Hell naw they weren't. I had them hooked up to a hifonics hfi 1500 and they didn't last more than 5 minutes. I had them in a pre fab atrend box. I don't remember which subs they were, I just know they were supposed to be 600 watts. The customer service is great if that helps.

Well, Thats good to know, but this is kinda adding to my question! would they have been fine if you used a 1200W rms Lanzar amp? How did you get into reviewing subwoofers?

Hell no. That hfi is 1000 watts at best. The gain was real low so I could break them in. I had some 12" type r's that was heavier than that sub. It had an aluminum foil basket and the surround was condom rubber.

Never heard of them but id rather take the $360 and buy something else tried and true

They are only 90$ not 360$

They are rated for 1300 watts and only cost $90, I have no experience with them and have never heard of them but that price really makes me think they cant handle the power. Just my opinion though.

Check out soundqubed subs. They aren't expensive and they're very good.

Wow, just chekcked out soundqubed. I think I found something I can handle!

http://www.soundqubed.com/HDS310_p_225.html

I would definitely say go with SoundQubed, but also think about building your own box for the subs its usually only $50 or so for materials and when you build to the specs of the subs they sound WAY better! A prefab box will do, but building it yourself is totally worth it!

Archived