Product: TC-3000 D2 15"

Manufactured by: TC Sounds

Purchased/recieved from: Wkbdkid (top assembly replaced by TC Sounds)

MSRP = $479.99 (before Audiopulse)

Qms 7.30

Res Ω 4.24

BL 22.60

Mms (grams) 365.00

Cms µN/M 140.00

Sd (m^2) 0.0820

Lp (mH)

Ls (mH)

Rp Ω

Constants

c (m/s) 341.00

d (kg/m³ 1.20

K 9.64E-10

Calculated

Vas (liters) 131.35

Fs (Hz) 22.26

Qes 0.424

Qts 0.401

n0 3.30E-03

SPL (dB) 87.18

The look and size of this sub pretty much dwarf anything in its class of 1000rms. That being said, i had lots of expectations out of this sub. After Listening to it i hated the sound of the metal cone, and yes i could tell the difference in sound. I also found that having a metal Cone seemed to hold the heat for alot longer then any other sub that i previously had. with RMS wattage i could not slam on this unit like a Q or SX without it getting noticeably hot. When it did come time for me to try to blow it before i got the new TI cone for it, it took 4k RMS like a champ til the cone snapped with 40 mins of playing

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After getting the unit back from TC Sounds, the sub looked even more awesome with a high roll surround now and a TI cone rather then a Alum Cone, still the same playing characteristics, and it seemed as if it ran hotter now with the TI cone then it did with the Aluminum one.

Cost to Performance Ratio - 5 out of 10

for how this subwoofer looks and the grade of materials being used although they are imported from china, i expected a lot more out of a 47 lb motor

Performance - 6 out of 10

Lows of low end extention but thats pretty much the only place this subwoofer shines.

Customer Service - 10 of out 10

I purposely snapped the cone and Thilo of TC was quick to replace the top assembly for no charge no shipping even.

Repeat buy - 5 out of 10

TC Sounds is no more, and i would not buy a top assembly for the price (300) i paid for the sub

Overall 4 out of 10

so performance/price you would go with a q? is the tc worth the $500 bucks they cost? (i think its more now isnt it)

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

hell no its not worth it, i have a review to write on the 5400 as well, its a piece of shit as well imo.

I'm not a fan of the Fi Subwoofer company in general i hate the BL and SSD, and im just not into the sound of the BTL, but the Q works very well for what it is.

• 4 months later...

if you think the TC sounds/Audiopulse line is not worth the money they ask you have not heard them installed and powered correctly. the audiopulse line i hear daily and it is one of the best counding subs i have ever hear din my life. they just have to be installed and powered correctly.

----reference's----

meade916

• 2 weeks later...

if you think the TC sounds/Audiopulse line is not worth the money they ask you have not heard them installed and powered correctly. the audiopulse line i hear daily and it is one of the best counding subs i have ever hear din my life. they just have to be installed and powered correctly.

i totally agree. one of the best.

Archived