Second Skin Audio

Please Help. DAD KMH 12's

Jon Tyler

Hello everybody!

So this summer i plan on installing 2 DAD KMH 12 inch subs. Rms 500/ peak 1000 watts each. So the amplifier i planned on getting is the Sundown Audio SAZ-2500, its a 2500 watt amplifier. So i was wondering if this was too much wattage? will i blow the subs? if this is okay, what wiring style and ohms should i go with? I would like to tune the box to 35 hz, if there is any more information you guys need to help answer my question, i will be checking this often. Thanks :)

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111

You could get that amp, and wire the subs at 2 ohms that way the amp would only be putting out 1200 watts. Just make sure to set your gains and everything properly on the amp, so that you don't send those subs a clipped signal.

You could get that amp, and wire the subs at 2 ohms that way the amp would only be putting out 1200 watts. Just make sure to set your gains and everything properly on the amp, so that you don't send those subs a clipped signal.

thanks for the advice. how would i go about setting the gains and stuff? i really don't want to invest in the SMD meters, they are cool but a bit too expensive. like i know how to adjust them, but how would i know the proper levels and when to stop?

Jon Funda

thanks for the advice. how would i go about setting the gains and stuff? i really don't want to invest in the SMD meters, they are cool but a bit too expensive. like i know how to adjust them, but how would i know the proper levels and when to stop?

With an o-scope or dd-1.

The dd-1 is worth it. It is cheaper than any of my subs or amps, I would rather spend $150 on a DD-1 and not worry about having to fork out another (insert $>150 here) for a sub(s) amp(s) or all of the above.

a $150 dd1 is too expensive but a $775 amp isn't?

yes. $150 for something that i will most likely only use a couple of times is a bit expensive. seeing as it could be a major issue for me, i might just but it though.

Jon Funda

Just buy it. You will be glad you did.

An alternative is looking on here somewhere there is something like an SMD Tool map, and you can see if anyone has a DD-1 in your area.

Also, call your local shops and ask if they have a dd-1 or an o-scope and what will they charge to set your gains.

Have I said quit being a cheap ass and buy a DD-1 yet? See if a buddy close by will go half with you. Jeez.

Hello everybody!

So this summer i plan on installing 2 DAD KMH 12 inch subs. Rms 500/ peak 1000 watts each. So the amplifier i planned on getting is the Sundown Audio SAZ-2500, its a 2500 watt amplifier.

500 + 500 = 2500? :trippy: Im liking that Skar math lol

a $150 dd1 is too expensive but a $775 amp isn't?

yes. $150 for something that i will most likely only use a couple of times is a bit expensive. seeing as it could be a major issue for me, i might just but it though.

Think of the $150 spent more as an investment.. It may save you recones in the future.. along with help your voltage if you're clipping.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived