EricM9104 Posted March 13, 2008 Report Posted March 13, 2008 OK. I've been seeing some cut through installs (assmans and the other guy on here with the Dakota) and was wondering, how exactly do you get the cab and bed/canopy "linked" together without it looking like a single part? Also, how would you reinforce it so it'll not crumble like cookies in the case of an accident or playing the system? EDIT: Pics please of how it looks for a cut-through inbetween the cab and canopy? 2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock 1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit
kingsuv Posted March 13, 2008 Report Posted March 13, 2008 I took plenty of pictures on my cut. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...508&hl=f250 Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
EricM9104 Posted March 13, 2008 Author Report Posted March 13, 2008 I took plenty of pictures on my cut.http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...508&hl=f250 Yea, I know about that, was wondering about doing a full cut-through (cutting out whole back of the cab) like assman did. Although, when I do get a truck (after i get a license), I'll just do a blow-through like the one you did. 2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock 1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit
kingsuv Posted March 13, 2008 Report Posted March 13, 2008 Yea, I know about that, was wondering about doing a full cut-through (cutting out whole back of the cab) like assman did.Although, when I do get a truck (after i get a license), I'll just do a blow-through like the one you did. Cutting the whole back isn't too different, just a bigger hole. Then add bracing around the cut. Kind of like a roll cage. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
EricM9104 Posted March 13, 2008 Author Report Posted March 13, 2008 Cutting the whole back isn't too different, just a bigger hole. Then add bracing around the cut. Kind of like a roll cage. Ahh, than using that channeling stuff to "link" (lack of a better term) the cab and bed/canopy together? Thanks. I'll just stick with a blow-through like the one you did. 2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock 1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit
kingsuv Posted March 13, 2008 Report Posted March 13, 2008 Ahh, than using that channeling stuff to "link" (lack of a better term) the cab and bed/canopy together?Thanks. I'll just stick with a blow-through like the one you did. yeah you could still use the same gasket stuff http://www.crlaurence.com/ProductPages/E/E...88.html?Origin= Just need more of it. I've been very happy with my blow through Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
KWP369 Posted March 13, 2008 Report Posted March 13, 2008 yeah you could still use the same gasket stuffhttp://www.crlaurence.com/ProductPages/E/E...88.html?Origin= Just need more of it. I've been very happy with my blow through correct me if i'm wrong (and if i am i'm sorry) but don't u mean ur wifes blow through Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs
kingsuv Posted March 13, 2008 Report Posted March 13, 2008 correct me if i'm wrong (and if i am i'm sorry) but don't u mean ur wifes blow through You are correct Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
B Slaps Posted March 13, 2008 Report Posted March 13, 2008 correct me if i'm wrong (and if i am i'm sorry) but don't u mean ur wifes blow through ouch low blow. but correct however. I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores! SMD SUPER SELLER my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/ more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.