Cj Kumz Posted March 13, 2014 Author Report Posted March 13, 2014 Slamming beats I have always used slot ports and thought of just trying out a flared port. I saw a clip of a guy using a 99Z with a 10 inch port, really sweet look . I just love the look of flared ports plus I hear there more efficient. Plus I wanna have interchangeable ports for different frequencies incase of competition Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Bump4life Posted March 13, 2014 Report Posted March 13, 2014 honeslty id go 5.5 net with that port. thats 14.xx in of port per cube. and thats of an aero port. i think youd really like that and see good results on that power. how low are you trying to play? Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
SlamminBeats Posted March 13, 2014 Report Posted March 13, 2014 Slamming beats I have always used slot ports and thought of just trying out a flared port. I saw a clip of a guy using a 99Z with a 10 inch port, really sweet look . I just love the look of flared ports plus I hear there more efficient. Plus I wanna have interchangeable ports for different frequencies incase of competition dont go by looks and what you hear. Its always good to try something new though.
Cj Kumz Posted March 14, 2014 Author Report Posted March 14, 2014 Bump4life wanna try 37 hz as people here have suggested, I hear its about the best for daily setups bt will try make interchangeable ports just to experiment. Not sure how low a 37 hz box would go though... Oh and 1 more thing, since aero require 9-12sq inches will da 14 be ok? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
kirill007 Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 Rules of thumb are useless, a 10 inch flared port will be good enough for that subwoofer. The amount of port area has no correlation to the size of the box. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Cj Kumz Posted March 14, 2014 Author Report Posted March 14, 2014 Rules of thumb are useless, a 10 inch flared port will be good enough for that subwoofer. The amount of port area has no correlation to the size of the box. Oho ok thanks. Hey does the port length outside the box affect the box tuning? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
kirill007 Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 Rules of thumb are useless, a 10 inch flared port will be good enough for that subwoofer. The amount of port area has no correlation to the size of the box. Oho ok thanks. Hey does the port length outside the box affect the box tuning? Marginally, you won't hear the difference. Just make sure it's long enough for your tuning and add about 1 inch to compensate. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Cj Kumz Posted March 14, 2014 Author Report Posted March 14, 2014 Oh ok I am going to keep that in mind. Which calculator do you recommend for calculating port length. Will be using the same 10 inch port in a 5 cube box @ 35/37hz Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Bump4life Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 Bump4life wanna try 37 hz as people here have suggested, I hear its about the best for daily setups bt will try make interchangeable ports just to experiment. Not sure how low a 37 hz box would go though... Oh and 1 more thing, since aero require 9-12sq inches will da 14 be ok? you will be great with 14. the reason i ask how low you want to go is because if you tune 37 hz, dont excpect to wang decaf. i personall tune to 38 hz with my dd but i dont play below 30 hz... if you want authority below 30 hz you need to tune lower Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
Cj Kumz Posted March 14, 2014 Author Report Posted March 14, 2014 I think the lowest I would wanna go is about the same 30 hz so maybe 35 hz would do. Any idea how much lower a sub can play below the box tuning.. Say with your 38 hz tuning, what's the lowest frequency your box can reach?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.