Popped a tweeter, faulty unit or user error?

hdrox88

So, I recently purchased a set of ID X65 and XS28 to run active. Got everything installed and working correctly yesterday and today one of the tweeters just stopped dead in it's tracks. I'd say about an hour of play time. I tested the driver for continuity and got nothing so it's definitely the tweeter that failed. I am running a RF T400-4 with the tweeters on front channels and the mids on the rears. I set gains with a DD-1 to the 0db track and all pass for xover on the amp. I crossed the tweets at 2.5k with 24db slope to start with. I am using the network mode on my pioneer 80prs for xover duty. Was this just a faulty unit? Or am I doing something wrong? Any help is appreciated.

I was at 55 on the hu, according to the dd1 my hu does not have any distortion so I set amp gains with -5db track at 62 on hu then switched to 0db track and dialed the hu back to 59 which is when distortion went away. I labeled all my speaker wires and rcas during install so I wouldn't hook anything up wrong and send the wrong signals to the wrong drivers.

I just went through the owner's manual. For low and high pass It states:

Variable Crossover – Is a built-in 24dB/octave Butterworth filter with a crossover point variable
from 50Hz to 500Hz.

How did get crossed at 2.5k?

MY BUILD LOG>>>> NAH I BETTER NOT..

Variable Crossover – Is a built-in 24dB/octave Butterworth filter with a crossover point variable

from 50Hz to 500Hz.

By setting it to 2.5k

Capture_zps2e92b123.jpg

If you only blew one and not the other. sometime it's just a bad speaker. So you may have done nothing wrong, things happen.

truthsayer

from 50Hz to 500Hz.

By setting it to 2.5k

Capture_zps2e92b123.jpg

Sorry dawg, not all that is in the manual I read

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/314622/Rockford-Fosgate-Power-T400-4.html#manual

Anyway. I could be a bad tweeter. Since this is a recent purchase. Get

it exchange and try again...

X

MY BUILD LOG>>>> NAH I BETTER NOT..

Archived