Second Skin Audio

Need help RE identifying sub!

Deeznutz

Hey guys, I found this Old School RE subwoofer today.

***Disclaimer***I am not trying to sell this thing, I do not own it! I actually would like more info on this sub so I can possibly purchase it.*** I like to buy and sell car audio on ebay, not on here!

IMAG4562-1_zps29e53117.jpg

She appears to be a daul 2 ohm sub wired in parallel since she reads 1.1 Ohm. They are asking $169. The wiring was (hard wired) -crimped- to an 8 gauge and 14 gauge wire directly to the tinsel leads since the plastic that held the spring clips broke. Sorta ghetto unfortunately.

The surround appears OK. I can only assume the top layer of film is coming undone due to age. I can only assume this is the logo before they went mainstream.(?) Maybe better quality in comparison to the mass produced subs(?)

IMAG4561-1_zps08bfbc55.jpg

I found the spring clips on ebay for $4.00 each side and can re-solder the wires back on OR just solder it to proper 8 or 10 gauge wire like the DD subs.

KGrHqRoQFIrd0MLjKBSRM23dSw60_57_zps99b8d

Anyway, I have no way of identifying the sub other than the Logo. I tried RE Audio but didn't find anything. Only the new stuff. I need specs, literature. Something to google as a starting point. lol.

If this sub is of better quality then the Hifonics Olympus 2415 (please refer to my other post) than I can flip the Hifi on Ebay and keep the sub and fix the tinsel lead problem. I like old-school stuff.

Thanks for your time,

-Frank

P.S. Funny story, the pawn shop guy insulted me because when I asked to look at specific items, This sub, an old school Phoenix Gold XS amp, etc. he asked "You're a wholesaler aren't you?". (I have to admit I do like to buy and sell old school car audio on ebay, but didn't tell him that) I just smiled, and asked "how can you tell?". His response was "I've been doing this too long I know YOUR TYPE!". I don;t know what that meant because I didn't even haggle with him or anything. I just wanted to share because I thought that was hilarious. lol. Maybe it was my appearance, sorta pretty, clean cut, but in the ghetto, I probably stuck out like a sore thumb. lol.

Anyone??

I was able to find only one post about it on line.

So far 1000W RMS,

4" vioce coil

but no other specs.

Spec to spec, I guess the SXX 15' is the closest thing to it, but it has a 3" V.C.

Anyone else care to shed some light on this sub???

-Frank

Ii wouldnt pay 169 for that its way to high in price.

Theres no money to be made and it looks like hell

but should be able to be cleaned up pretty much.

I would take a gamble at 100 dollers if I were you.

that thing should handle anywhere from 1000w easy to about 1800w

Looks loike an RE HC motor.

If it's a 15" here is the t/s:
T/S specs:
Qts=0.4
Znom=2
Fs=25.7
Pe=1200
SPL=88.59
Re=2.2
Le=0
fLe=0
KLe=0
BL=22.6
Xmax=0.021
Cms=6.2E-5
Qms=7.06
Qes=0.43
Rms=14.13878
Mms=0.6182
Sd=0.081
Vas=0.1146
Dia=0
Vd=0.00170097724584057

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

No thank you that thing is beat

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Was going to chime in and agree it's gotta be an HC but that pretty much speaks for itself. It's the same woofer, and looks like original owner decided to keep it as of a year ago. Coulda been pawned by him?

OMG, yeah, LOL, that is the exact sub. LOL.

Thanks 727Designs for finding that! Great memory! LOL.

Ally, I did low balled the salesperson, and offered $100.00 due to the condition. But it was a no go.

So the question is, is this gen 1 sub decent?

-Frank

Pretty solid motor, I'd bet on the soft parts being shot obviously. If you wanted to build a custom woofer it might be worth buying, and then if these parts last a little while then consider that a bonus.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

Archived