cool safe mods for 69 grand prix

that is oone dirty air filter i suggest getting a new one

check vacuum lines for leaks

belt looks like it is getting a little wore but can't really tell a belt should be slightly, i think its a 1/16th of an inch over the sides of the belt grooves don't quote me on how i am saying some of these i know it like noon but still not awake

as for say performance i say

intake manifold

maybe different heads

headers

better carb

if you wanna dig a little further i would dig into the cam

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

that is oone dirty air filter i suggest getting a new one

check vacuum lines for leaks

belt looks like it is getting a little wore but can't really tell a belt should be slightly, i think its a 1/16th of an inch over the sides of the belt grooves don't quote me on how i am saying some of these i know it like noon but still not awake

as for say performance i say

intake manifold

maybe different heads

headers

better carb

if you wanna dig a little further i would dig into the cam

hmm... sadly hadn't even thought about the air filter thanks! I believe most if not all of the hoses were supposedly replaced about 6 months ago because my bro tried dropping it into first to start out to really see what she could do and one of the hoses broke lol but ok I'll check the hoses and belt

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Now that is one nice car. I vote to have this thing oldschool muscle, no turbos, fuel injection, nothing. Just pure American muscle.

That or a Pimpmobile :discostu:

:ninja:

Flowmasters will be fine and help out with sound. As far as more fuel I'm sure your carb could use a retune/rebuild and that welded manifold will not last very long. But i would start with a full tune up, new fuel filter, air filter, belts and hoses.

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.

Now that is one nice car. I vote to have this thing oldschool muscle, no turbos, fuel injection, nothing. Just pure American muscle.

That or a Pimpmobile :discostu:

:ninja:

yea I'm keeping it old school I'm not doing anything crazy with it really the only modernizing I'm doing with the engine is headers probably everything else is just gna be upgrading what it's already got

Flowmasters will be fine and help out with sound. As far as more fuel I'm sure your carb could use a retune/rebuild and that welded manifold will not last very long. But i would start with a full tune up, new fuel filter, air filter, belts and hoses.

I'm pretty sure it got a tune up and new hoses and all that recently... but after looking at it yesterday and yea at least one of the belts is looking kinda chewed up I'm not so sure anymore how accurate that is... I know the shop that 90% of the work done on that car has been done through though so I'll probably take it by there at some point and see if they can give me some idea... I'm actually not sure how to change the alternator belt on it... do you have to take the fan guard off and slip it over the fan?

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Headers, exhaust. ..not cherry bombs unless you like obnoxious redneck sound. .. there's much better out there. ..a better ignition won't add a lot of power but will be more reliable.unless the heads have been rebuilt and updated in the recent years DO NOT add synthetic oil it will ruin the valvetrain. New carb and better intake manifold. If you want to open the engine up add a better cam.

How on Earth will synthetic oil hurt the valvetrain? lol

OP- synthetic oil is fine. Just make sure to use straight 30w or 20w50.

Also, the BEST thing you can do is have someone who is really good with carbs set it up correctly. Find a local race shop, they oughta charge ~$100.

A new carb would make a difference- if brand new, an HP Holley between 600-650cfm. Or if you can find a Quadrajet, that is your best bet.

Because a modern day synthetic isn't going to have the zinc in it that said engine needs. Run synthetic and you run the risk of taking out the valve seats and other parts of the valve train.

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.

His cam is broken in by now... lol. Plus, dino oil has the same amount of zinc, give or take, than synthetic.

I worked with Joe Gibbs racing and tribologists from GM testing 100's of formulations, and while zinc is important, you only need about 480ppm to protect from shear.

Also, zinc is useless by itself.

In our testing, the high zinc oils preformed worse in shear, and failed sooner in scar resistance than did a proper formulation with far less zinc.

OP- synthetic is best.

Btw, why would it take out valve seats?

You shouldn't have oil on your valve seats. Your thinking of flat tappet lifters. Either way, that's invalid.

Not being a dick, just trying to dispel a commonly held MYTH.

No dickishness involved lol. ... you obviously know more than me so it's all good I was just stating what I had heard about older flat tappet engines.....idk if his is hydraulic or not. I know it's not a roller engine lol

Archived