This morning when I was sitting in my car after getting to school, I saw the engine temp rising, but it normally goes a little high before the fans kick in. But it didn't stop, so I shut it off and when I opened the hood, my water pump is leaking everywhere. I'm almost an hour from home. Anything I should do special on the way home? When I get out of my last class parts stores are going to be closed. Called my dad and he said to fill up the fluid with water and baby it home. Anything else? I'm trippin right now cause there's no fluid left at all and I don't want to blow it up lol.

I wouldn't drive it....but might not have a choice I guess

it will leak again if you just fill it

hour home? good luck

Yeah, I have no choice but to drive home.. and I know it'll leak again. Just sucks. It'd be great if I knew anybody that lived up here but I don't. So kind of what up a creek

Leave the the radiator cap off if you have one, and same with the overflow/resivour tank, it won't build pressure that way and will leak somewhat less.. Try to buy gallons of water from a walmart or store like that where they won't charge that much for gallons of water. I know my local walmart carries some sort of stop leak so I would do that as well if your able to the flush the cooling system or have the shop that does your water pump flush the system to get the stop leak out. We had a truck with a water pump leaking out seep hole and pulling 44,000lbs of produce from California made it home just fine which was about 2300 miles from home the shops out their wanted ridiculous amounts to change a water pump when it got back we changed it for less then 500$ all fluids and everything. All he did was pull the cap off and fill it back up and made it home just fine. Good luck!

Edit: watch your temps really well too not having a pressurized system will cause it to over heat sooner.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Its a pretty easy fix. Pull the belt off. Take off about 4 bolts behind the pulley, replace the gasket. ARe you sure its leaking out the water pump and not a hose connected to it? Theres no quick tricks to slow the leak down really. The hotter the car is the higher the cooling system pressure is, so maybe try and keep the engine as cool as possible if you plan on driving it.. Tow it? Just don't dirve it with no fluid man or else your engine is toast.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Its a pretty easy fix. Pull the belt off. Take off about 4 bolts behind the pulley, replace the gasket. ARe you sure its leaking out the water pump and not a hose connected to it? Theres no quick tricks to slow the leak down really. The hotter the car is the higher the cooling system pressure is, so maybe try and keep the engine as cool as possible if you plan on driving it.. Tow it? Just don't dirve it with no fluid man or else your engine is toast.

Its coming from the seal unfortunately. And I plan on filling it up with water, and trying to keep it cool. Probably going to fill it with water and see how bad its leaking to determine if I should drive it or not. I was just wondering if there was a quick fix. Im not that mechanically inclined or I would just go get another one.

Its coming from the seal unfortunately. And I plan on filling it up with water, and trying to keep it cool. Probably going to fill it with water and see how bad its leaking to determine if I should drive it or not. I was just wondering if there was a quick fix. Im not that mechanically inclined or I would just go get another one.
How far of a drive? Just remember when the engine is cold it may not leak much but the hotter it gets the faster its going to leak.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Archived