JEFFYBOI Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 I already know the right way to do it is with a DD1 but I obviously dont have one yet. So most people say set it at 75% max volume on HU but I have seen some HU go full range without distortion so this makes me question if some distort below 75%. Im sure every HU is different and theres really no way of knowing unless you meter it right? Just want some input. Thanks "Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21 PIONEER DEH-P8400BH 2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D 2 CROSSFIRE C7 18 HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400 DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC 275A SINGER ALT. DYNAMAT XTREME SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280 PIONEER COMPONENTS
JEFFYBOI Posted March 19, 2014 Author Report Posted March 19, 2014 Bump.... Anyone? "Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21 PIONEER DEH-P8400BH 2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D 2 CROSSFIRE C7 18 HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400 DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC 275A SINGER ALT. DYNAMAT XTREME SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280 PIONEER COMPONENTS
poorfish88 Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 If you going by ear,you can never know if it's right. People do it all the time that's how they blow there stuff. Smart guy ( Ive been doing by ear I don't need a DD1) A little later (man those no name brand subs suck they blew on only 600 watts) Do it right bro Oscope or DD1. Or say screw it I don't care and let er rip. And see if anything blows.
JEFFYBOI Posted March 19, 2014 Author Report Posted March 19, 2014 I guess I can play it on the safe side and keep the volume on the low end until I get a DD1. I cant do shit by ear ( my girlfriend says something and I say "what", my hearing is horrible and I wonder why. lol "Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21 PIONEER DEH-P8400BH 2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D 2 CROSSFIRE C7 18 HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400 DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC 275A SINGER ALT. DYNAMAT XTREME SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280 PIONEER COMPONENTS
poorfish88 Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 For that problem is less treble the high feq what kills your ears. The lows won't make your ears ring. Lows may stop your heart from beating, at lease it's what it feels like.
DubNDodge Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 play a 1000hz tone. keep turning it up until it is no longer smooth between each volume level. One it starts "clicking" though the speakers then that is basically your max volume, through the internal amplifier that is. generally the RCAs are cleaner and can go up a bit higher. I guess what you could do is turn the amp gain all the way down and try that method I told you, and that might find it through the RCA's. Not sure of a real good way to set your amp gain accordingly though once you find your deck max clean point. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
gr8handogoatness Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 Where are you at? There might be someone close that can help you out.
JEFFYBOI Posted March 20, 2014 Author Report Posted March 20, 2014 Where are you at? There might be someone close that can help you out.Im located in Ottawa Illinois, North central Illinois basically. "Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21 PIONEER DEH-P8400BH 2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D 2 CROSSFIRE C7 18 HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400 DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC 275A SINGER ALT. DYNAMAT XTREME SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280 PIONEER COMPONENTS
k3n12ock Posted March 20, 2014 Report Posted March 20, 2014 Wait.. when did using a dd1 = "the right way"? 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
JEFFYBOI Posted March 20, 2014 Author Report Posted March 20, 2014 Wait.. when did using a dd1 = "the right way"?Well educate me. What's the right way? "Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21 PIONEER DEH-P8400BH 2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D 2 CROSSFIRE C7 18 HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400 DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC 275A SINGER ALT. DYNAMAT XTREME SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280 PIONEER COMPONENTS
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.