Jump to content

Getting it SEALED..... what to use?


Kyblack76

Recommended Posts

Posted

I hate to be the one to point this out, but your speaker ring is falling apart. Look at where it's split on at least one of the screw holes. You can seal the gap with Duct Seal from Home Depot or Lowes. It's said to resist any heat or cold extreme temperatures that a car will normally see. I've got non-hardening modeling clay around my mids on the factory speaker opening, and it's held up fine, but Duct Seal is better and it's cheap.

Posted

I hate to be the one to point this out, but your speaker ring is falling apart. Look at where it's split on at least one of the screw holes. You can seal the gap with Duct Seal from Home Depot or Lowes. It's said to resist any heat or cold extreme temperatures that a car will normally see. I've got non-hardening modeling clay around my mids on the factory speaker opening, and it's held up fine, but Duct Seal is better and it's cheap.

Really? It's just where the screws went in a splintered the wood. They look far from falling apart.

Posted

I hate to be the one to point this out, but your speaker ring is falling apart. Look at where it's split on at least one of the screw holes. You can seal the gap with Duct Seal from Home Depot or Lowes. It's said to resist any heat or cold extreme temperatures that a car will normally see. I've got non-hardening modeling clay around my mids on the factory speaker opening, and it's held up fine, but Duct Seal is better and it's cheap.

Really? It's just where the screws went in a splintered the wood. They look far from falling apart.

Yeah... those, are old screw holes. Nothing is "falling apart". But, thanks for the keen eye bro.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1089 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...