A little Help

I'm just running it off of how the guy at the shop set it up. He said its only running of 1/8th power or the gain is set at only 1/8th or something like that. and its cutting out.

right now I'm running the 2 kicker comR's and in heavy bass songs i think i can smell them but I'm not sure, so i haven't been listening to my music much.

The Alpine is a quality amp is need lots of electrical upgrades to run full power. Its a super power HOG, but it's a good amp. Hifonics to me is junk and I wouldn't use it at all. I'd get some 0 gauge wire on the Alpine, a volt meter, and take it easy until you get your wire and batteries.

The Alpine manual lists to use 0 gauge wire as a min, did a shop install this amp for you? If so I'd be pissed as hell.

For that amp to do rated a 2 ohms with 14.4v available, it needs to draw at least 167 amps.

To get true rated power out of that amp you need a beefy alternator. Your cap probably wont help in this case, but with a good alt and solid wiring you will be good.

where could i find an alternator for my car, I've searched but since its rarely new I'm thinking i can't find one!

2013 ford focus SE

The Alpine is a quality amp is need lots of electrical upgrades to run full power. Its a super power HOG, but it's a good amp. Hifonics to me is junk and I wouldn't use it at all. I'd get some 0 gauge wire on the Alpine, a volt meter, and take it easy until you get your wire and batteries.

The Alpine manual lists to use 0 gauge wire as a min, did a shop install this amp for you? If so I'd be pissed as hell.

yeah I'm gonna go to a different shop, I've just been super busy w/ school and work.

and i am pissed as hell yeah the shop installed it and they were fucking dicks about it and were like no help whatsoever, they pretty much just installed it and blew off any questions i tried to ask wasting my time and money and doing a crappy job.

And if I'm getting batteries why would i need to upgrade my main battery and get a second one?

Because stock Battery isnt strong enough to run a system well. 1 or 2 AGM with a HO Alt will work. Some will say batterys first, some will say HO Alt first. It all cost $. 3 or 4 different wasys to do it. I know i have like $1600 in electrical. Just part of the game!

Archived