playaplaya6928 Posted March 21, 2014 Report Posted March 21, 2014 I have 2 boss phantoms 15 inch and I would like to build a box to get the best out of them I was thinking about building a bandpass box 8th order but still just haven't made up my mind the space I have in the back of my van is four feet wide 23" depth 23" height that I want to work with if someone could help me out with a good box and dimensions that would be awesome
SnowDrifter Posted March 21, 2014 Report Posted March 21, 2014 8th order????? With that sort of space just build a ported box and call it a day. I think you might be hard pressed to fit a 4th or 6th. What amp do you plan on using? And I'll say this now: OP is asking for box help, not to be told he should get new equipment. Sssshhhhh ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
SnowDrifter Posted March 21, 2014 Report Posted March 21, 2014 By the way welcome to SMD ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
playaplaya6928 Posted March 21, 2014 Author Report Posted March 21, 2014 Well thank you and im using a pioneer 920 watts believe it or not the subs hit pretty good on that so you think a ported box would be best for them or sealed I can build whatever if I had some dimensions
SnowDrifter Posted March 21, 2014 Report Posted March 21, 2014 What sort of music do you listen to? Rap, rock, bass boosted stuff, etc. Do you like it loud or are you just trying to fill in the low end? And one more question for you: do you listen to "slowed" music? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 21, 2014 Report Posted March 21, 2014 I looked at the manual for those subs. They recommend a 2 cube per driver box tuned to 29 Hz for a ported enclosure. Of course they also recommend a 3" port for a 15" sub, so my confidence in whoever wrote the manual is pretty low. Those subs have a really high QTS and low EBP so they probably are going to work best in a sealed box. That's not to say they can't work in a ported box, though. I did a quick look in WinISD. A 3 cube per driver sealed box actually looks pretty good. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted March 21, 2014 Report Posted March 21, 2014 1250 Boss watts ~ 500 real RMS watts, 8 mm xmax also, a waste of time..... OP get some SQ HDS215 for $89 each, "pretty good" will change it's meaning to you. If you still want them I would also recommend sealed for them, do their suggested box or a maybe bit larger but not too much, never attempt to give "rated power" unless it is from a Boss amp.
m720bos Posted March 22, 2014 Report Posted March 22, 2014 WOW I had these subs! they were the 2nd subs I ever had but the 12" 2300 watt version and i thought they were pretty damn loud. Then I caught a deal on some RF p2 12s and I thought " these 500 watt subs wont be able to compare to these 2300w subs" . Man was I wrong! I have since realized that boss is extremely over rated and for the same amount of money you can get one sub that destroys 2 boss. Dont get me wrong boss will do the job and the phantoms look damn cool but once you hear better you will never look back I promise. In my opinion just sell them if you can and buy some that will last cuz trust me they will not. They are made to sell not to perform. I can destroy 2 15" phantoms with one T1 in a custom box only giving it 250w all day and thats the cheaper end of high end equipment, just sayin. TRUST ME I WAS YOU NOT TOO LONG AGO!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.