Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Help for 2 HDS310s

bcbrassard

SMD bassheads, need some help for a box design for 2 HDS310s please. 03 Lancer has a small opening for a box so it makes a design somewhat challenging.

The HDS310s are 4 ohm DVC that will be wired down to 1 ohm power off of a RF T1500.

Outside Dimension of current box are: 38" W x 12" D x 16" H (3/4" MDF) = 3.216 cu ft

Max Dimension i think i can fit in a wedge shape 38" W x BD16", TD12" x 16" H = 3.91 cu ft

Current box was my first build, screwed up on the math for aero ports and have a tuning of 49 hz. Yuck i know. Running a T1D212 overpower on the T1500. Main reason for the 2 new 10s is to build a properly tuned ported enclosure on that power. Subs and port firing in trunk. I dont like having to put back seats down for subs to fire into the cab.

Pics of subs, trunk & back seat

SQHDS310sampohmwiringdiagrams007_zps3339

SQHDS310sampohmwiringdiagrams005_zps9db1

SQHDS310sampohmwiringdiagrams009_zps03b8

SQHDS310sampohmwiringdiagrams010_zps43f5

I think thats all i can think of for info, if i missed something please ask. Thanks guys.

Hey thanks cleanSierra, Much appreciated. I know you have given me good advise all thru my substage rebuild. Ya i would like to start something pretty soon, I want to take my time, router everything, resin the inside, going to be a painted box this time. Undercoated probly. I really want the best box i can have so i can finally enjoy the system. Old substage was driving me nuts!

Here is something easy to do to be used in the same way your last box was, port in the middle to work with the opening to the cabin, it's now 13 7/8" D if you think you can afford that, subs can be placed close to the port so that everything gets proper clearance:

2sq10.jpg

2_hds.jpg

Thank you Joe X, I think 16" OD top & bottom will be to big. My thinking with a wedge shape was i could roll the box in, bottom first to see if it will fit. I need to take some cardboard and mock something up to see if what i was thinking will work. Otherwise its 12 to 13 D is max OD.

Subs facing and firing into trunk is what i think i am leaning toward. Thanks again!

SQ subs hate smaller boxes but still went reasonably below optimal (3 net), I tried to take the least depth but I couldn't go slimmer, with little more width and/or height certainly some depth could be taken off, I think 13"d is possible with some effort.

Ya I just checked trunk opening and if i take gasket off, all trunk panels & trunk latch i can get 13" OD in the trunk! i know.. Its a bitch. Its been my struggle this whole time, i dont want to build a box inside the trunk. I need it removable.

Sorry for the hassle, I know its a pain.

Archived