Gain Matching Issue ?

Ok so i gain matched the other day, When checking the voltage one was higher then the other one was 49.? and the other was 60 ?

Everything on deck Flat , Truck off etc..Know how to use the DD1 .Set Gains with dd1 first. Amp A was the lower setting. So set 40hz track CC1 disk. Hooked up probes to amp A+ speaker and Ground distro. Attached other end to CC-1. Pressed and held Off button for a few seconds. Turned on/ entered comp mode. Turned deck up to signal , Read, on to Amp B turned gain down .. Matched. 63 hz track Set freq to 63 amp A and B, turned Subsonic on.....Im i doing something wrong ?

Truck was off whole time 12.5 volts at amps constant( Smd Volt Meter)

Any Ideas though ?

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

When I gain match I use the DD-1 to gain set, my cc-1 (when needed) to x-over set, and them my DMMto bring the amps down to whatever voltage I want them at. If one is ay at 56 volts and the other at 59 I'll just bring them both down to 55 and call it a wrap. I play everything on the safe side though

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

I'm with you man.

I don't use my CC-1 to its full potential that's why I do that part with the DMM. Maybe someone else will chime in with the answer for ya. I'm gonna spend some time on the bench with the cc-1 when I can to learn all it's uses. Down and dirty though, bust out the dmm if you have too.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

Since amps are nearly never the same, look at Rockfords that come with a birth sheet for example.

You have one bdcp2500 that does 2900wrms @ 1ohm, and you have another bdcp2500 that does 3300wrms @ 1ohm.

They are the same amps, but yet one is more powerful.

So when using the gain matching feature on the CC-1 it is gain matching your amplifier by wattage, not A/C voltage (like your Digital MultiMeter is).

When you are volt matching by voltage via dmm and you have 2 of the same amps and one is slightly stronger, one amp at say 50volts is going to be louder then the other amp at 50volts meaning your amps ARE NOT VOLT MATCHED.

So when using the gain matching feature on the CC-1 it is gain matching your amplifier by wattage, not A/C voltage (like your Digital MultiMeter is).

When you are volt matching by voltage via dmm and you have 2 of the same amps and one is slightly stronger, one amp at say 50volts is going to be louder then the other amp at 50volts meaning your amps ARE NOT VOLT MATCHED.

I'm sick today man, so that might be why I'm not getting this part. say that one more time?

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

Yeah only reason i checked With DMM is because in Steves video. When he was done he checked with dmm and all amps were the same voltage ...So just run em as IS.. Thats what your saying ?

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Hard to explain what im trying to say.

But the DMM and the CC-1 are going about matching the gains slightly different from my understanding.

if you where to dyno the mismatched amp that requires more voltage to make the same power on the cc1 you would see the wattage would come out the same as the first amp, where as if you volt matched with a dmm as the first amp your dyno results would be different even tho they are reading the same voltage.

however I guess it will matter how much farther you turn the screwdriver after the light turns on..

But the DMM and the CC-1 are going about matching the gains slightly different from my understanding.

I'm not sure how the CC-1 does it either. I just use it to set x-over points, never got around to using it for gain matching

if you where to dyno the mismatched amp that requires more voltage to make the same power on the cc1 you would see the wattage would come out the same as the first amp, where as if you volt matched with a dmm as the first amp your dyno results would be different even tho they are reading the same voltage

Ok, heres where I'm loosing it. I'm reading this as even though the voltage output is the same there will be a difference in wattage?

I know it's tuff to explain. It's tuff to understand for me right now!! lol

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice