Second Skin Audio

(2) sundown x-12's

cfarrias

How much port area would two of these need? According to my calculations im looking at 108 in^2. Emailed sundown never got a reply. and also what box size cubic feet net should I be shooting for? something like 4.5 cubic feet or what? Bass box pro says 3 cubic feet for two which theres no way in hell thats enough. Ive built multiple multiple boxes but im stumped when it comes to these x series 12's. I downloaded the dual x series enclosure from sundown and they only have 55 in^2 to that box but thats less then what my sa 12's have doesn't make sense to me. Thanks in advance if anyone replies.

Port area depends on tuning besides the sub specs, net volume depends on the response you want, 32 square inches of port area (PER SUB) @32Hz should be fine. Net is doable 2-2.75 (PER SUB), but if you choose a peaky alignment you will probably end up dipping upper bass.

Port area depends on tuning besides the sub specs, net volume depends on the response you want, 32 square inches of port area @32Hz should be fine. Net is doable 2-2.75, but if you choose a peaky alignment you will probably end up dipping upper bass.

im confused so why would i want 60 square inches of port for my two sa 12's but 32 for for the x series doesnt make sense to me. Not trying to sound rude but can you please explain it to me.

Yes that's what I've been using carstereo.com and it says about 108 square inches of port and then now I'm hearing 32 inches and 50 something inches it's not making sense to me you know. I always use that website to find out what port area I need for my enclosures but I thought that was a little much at 108 so I asked the forum and I'm getting all kinds of answers now

Archived