Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Opinions on this box design...


stroupe79

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just looking for feedback on this box design

5cubes @29hz 65inches of port made of birch ply

Stereo Integrity HT18 on DC 1.2k in a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I can invert the sub to gain .25cube and lower tuning to 27/28hz if need be

ScreenHunter_01Mar261816_zps57e03f79.jpg

ScreenHunter_04Mar261820_zps4c666c7e.jpg

ScreenHunter_03Mar261820_zpsef7a143a.jpg

ScreenHunter_05Mar261820_zpsab8c45ba.jpg

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Posted

Looks alright to me, port being a bit bigger might help, something around 70-80 sq in.

But who knows, looks like it will perform well in its current state.

I would build it how it is and see how it does.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted

thanks for the feedback

Yeah I was trying for a bit wider port but with the space limitations I have building it taller is the only real option, thus making the port taller and it just seems I can't really get the volume and tuning I was aiming for doing that, I am OK with 65inches of port but like you said I would have liked to be around 80 honestly

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Posted

Just do some bracing inside, top to bottom (at least) if you don't do a double layer baffle (which would force you to use a second sheet).

Posted

other than some bracing you think it looks fine Joe?

I was thinking maybe (2)1.5 or 2" dowels top to bottom and a 3rd front to back to brace it up

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Posted

On the box other than the bracing it looks fine to me, it will play down to 20Hz without a problem, now being a non car audio sub, materials probably will not like a car environment long term, it may need some extra care like avoiding everyday direct sunlight exposure.

Posted

I have a vinyl cargo cover that can be pulled over it to cover it and keep it out of the sun...I am also considering putting on darker tint (5%) that would keep out nearly all light as well

thanks for the input Joe

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3225 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...