PortSideAudio Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 Hey I would love to make a design for these, so by what you were saying I'm assuming sound quality is more important to you? And also do you want the subs up firing with a back firing port? for a Jeep I think that would work fantastic. 2002 Toyota Corolla Pioneer DEH-80PRS Soundqubed Q1-2200d Soundqubed HDC3.118 Soundqubed Q4-120 Alpine SPR-60 Alpine SPR-60C
boom50cal Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 Took a stab at it, tuned low with 4 6 inch aeros. Would need threaded rod bracing vertically and horizontally(both side to side and front to back). Port area seems a little low but imo, 4 6 inch aeros will be good for these subs on low power. Wall's are double layered 3/4 mdf, top baffle is 3 layers of 3/4 mdf. For a flush mount One can say overbuilt as fuck. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Tallyfiman Posted April 5, 2014 Author Report Posted April 5, 2014 I'm really wanting to hit the lows hard and I would like them firing up and the port facin towards the front seats I'm layin down the back seats to have more roomi was lookin for somthin close to 16 cubes and tuned to around 30 hz if that's possible
Tallyfiman Posted April 5, 2014 Author Report Posted April 5, 2014 But I'm also not against doing a wall or somthing like that if that would sound better
jarrius Posted April 17, 2014 Report Posted April 17, 2014 Boom gave you a design. Also most of the time it isnlouder with the ports facing a wall or something. But you can always move the box around to find out. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Tallyfiman Posted August 25, 2014 Author Report Posted August 25, 2014 Yea I'm thinkin now that I'm wantin to lay the back seats down and build a box with the subs facin up and the port back, but still haven't been able to design one that I could have trust in that it would sound good. Anyone know of a good height to make it I've heard that if they are to close to the roof that it can take away from the sound of the box
Ritch40 Posted August 25, 2014 Report Posted August 25, 2014 Boom gave you a design. If you look at the screen shot he posted there is a basic cutout list there as well along with an idea of how the box will spec out. i ran his design thru ISD and the only real issue i see is the port velocity is a touch high. The second shot i did NOT have filters entered in yet. The first shot i did have filters engaged in that simulation.
Tallyfiman Posted August 25, 2014 Author Report Posted August 25, 2014 No sorry those dimensions were if I was gunna keep the back seats up, on my lunch break I will go out and get some better measurements
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.