Sonic Electronix

Help pick which car for bass

System: 1 Mojo 15" in slot ported enclosure. 3.5 cubes. 32hz tune. Soundstream Rubicon 2500 amp.

Option 1: I was going to put this in my 95 Camry which I still can. It's my beater, spare car. Back seats can lay down ;) plus I enjoy this dependable ride.

Option 2: my wife just bought an suv. She offered up the 03 eclipse to run my audio in and I can sell the camry. Car is basically a perfect 03 specimen. Plus being a hatch should be loud yeah?

Option 3: I just bought a 99 Cadillac Deville. It was a broke down no start car of a coworkers. I spent under $100 to fix it and now could keep it for some audio along with the camry as my old faithful.

I can figure out which car to sell...no sweat...but first help me choose which one to keep for the audio install.

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

Well in your case all three options are available to experiment with. Try them all and see whats best. If anyone is going to tell you which is best they are talking out their ass.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

what killa said. try em out and see which you like best. Just because a car works good for one person it may not be what you will like but I would keep that eclipse they are damn good cars from my experience (talking dependability and plenty of aftermarket parts and upgrades)

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Okay. Only the Camry has an aftermarket headunit thus far. So should I just run rcas and amp wires over the seats into the trunk and try it...then park the Eclipse trunk to trunk with the Camry and move the sub into the Eclipse? Then the Caddy? This way I'm not swapping wires all day and night. I don't care about hearing the front stage yet. I can modify that to my liking once I pick what car this all goes in.

Eclipse leave the camry as old reliable. Sell the caddy they suck for bass unless walled off. Take the money from the caddy and put it in the eclipse. Those the gs get rowdy easy.

Drive camry while building the eclipse

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Sell the caddi I have a 99 devile sitting in my driveway. They have northstar engines and our notorious for leaking oil and head gasket leaks.(blew headgasket in mine) They also have the window washer line going over the main electrical box. (Had to replace mine. Cause leaked into it pain in the ass) also most importantly the radio is tied into the alarm and you have to relocate it to the trunk to put aftermarket head unit in it. That is why I left mine stock.

I would do the eclipse will get way louder. Love lil hatchbacks with systems. Leave the camry as a dd. Money from cadi put it toward system.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Our you going to upgrade system?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Nate, I've actually kind of been leaning toward this the most. I just wanted other opinions and I appreciate you taking the time to give one. I've always been fond of how SUV and hatchbacks sound even with mediocre cheap setups. Seems like it doesn't take much to get one slamming. I like the idea of bass not having to jump through obstacles (folded down back seats etc...) to get to the cabin. I think this really helps my decision a lot.

One thing about the Eclipse that worries me...despite an alarm on the car, a gun everywhere I go and following the 1 mile rule with my bass, I'm concerned about that back glass of the hatch. I would hate for my system to be visible when the car is parked (sticky fingers). I thought about, if I install in this car, I'll need to make a hideaway panel to cover the sub enclosure from view when I'm not using it. Thoughts on that issue?

Rich Schenk,

In regards to the caddy, oil leaks and head gaskets are the least of my concerns. This car only has 156k on the odometer, no leaks, new transmission by Jasper and besides that 12 years in the automotive repair business makes me not shy about doing work on them. I'm truly making the selection here about bass only. Is the washer fluid hose that leaks, the one down in the passenger kick panel (or am I think of Ford Windstar vans)? I haven't had to deal with that leak on a caddy but it's no issue for me to fix it, if I have that problem.

Also, I've only done one install in a Caddy (03 CTS) so I wasn't sure if the 99 Deville would have same or similar issues with the headunit install. Thanks for that info. It doesn't make a huge impact on my decision but it does let me know what type of patience would be expected of me. HAHA

I tend to see more Eclipse installs on youtube than the other two cars. It seems like they take some insane bass and flex windshields quite a bit. Not that I expect this one MOJO to do the same thing though. I rarely see Camry installs but I enjoyed having the MOJO in my Camry before...I'm starting to like the idea of the Eclipse more and more.

Also Rich...honestly I never PLAN to upgrade...but it has happened before. I've considered a PSI recone at a later time on the MOJO, or maybe stepping into another brand. I just like the MOJO a lot. It's been everything I wanted and nothing I didn't, so far. In the Camry it went 138.7 on the meter and I could not care less if I get louder than that. I will probably never meter again. I only did it because the meter was open at a sound show so I had to satiate my curiosity. It's exactly how loud I want to be though but if going with a different car makes it louder, so be it.

One thing is for sure, I have found a combination that satisfies me completely. I'll probably never change enclosures (if I ever need to, I'd build it just like the one I have) and I will continue running a single 15" d2. I'm not out to compete or be louder than anyone else. It's all about me and my ears personally.

Thanks for the input everyone. Taking more opinions at least until next week when I start installing in whichever I choose. Anyone want to convince me not to do the Eclipse? Agree with the Eclipse? Speak now, or it forever hosts my beats. Haha.

Archived