S15_Silvia's used car search saga

Mildly spooked. But if I can get them to $8K it might be more worthy. Maybe they'll accept since I would pay cash. Either way, I think I'll be able to keep up with maintenance as long as I don't hammer on the thing.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

i thought that if you were in a state with emissions checks and you bought a car from a dealer they would have to make sure there is no CEL on. i might be worng there tho. but if you do go in and the light is magically off i would definatly take it up to a dealership, hell, even oreilly's will check a code for you for free. have it hooked up to a scanner to make sure that the problem was fixed, and that the light bulb wasnt just removed from the dash. if i had a dollar for every time i found a car at an auction with the CEL bulb removed, id be a rich man. very very rich.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Yeah that would be some shadiness. There's just a yellow light on the bottom right of the dash. Looked up 'Volvo S60 check engine light' and it appears to be in the correct location for that. I'll try my damnedest to make sure it's not throwing codes. Buying a car that can't be registered due to failure of inspection would be some shit.

My feedback thread

I just moved from Pittsburgh to Dallas, if I was still in Pittsburgh I would of gave you my code readers to check it with ,lol.

2007 Ford Ranger

(ALL YET TO BE INSTALLED - DUE TO WORK SCHEDULES)

K&N Performance Air Intake

Massive Audio D2400 Mono Amplifier

2 Custom Built 8" Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In Dash Double Din DVD Player (Video Bypassed)

4 - Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" X 8"

2 - SMD Heavy Duty Single ANL Fuse Blocks

2- Stinger SPP1200 Dry Cell Batteries

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

ILL Customz 8 Spot Flat Lug Style Bolt Down Terminals

ILL Customz 1/0 to 4 Gauge Power / Ground Reducers

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2002 Cheverlot Monte Carlo SS - (Deceased)

2 - Rockford Fosgate Power 1501BD
1 - Rockford Fosgate Power 851x
Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2 Components
Rockford Fosgate Power 3 way 6x9
2 - JL Audio W7 13.5" Subwoofers (Sealed)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In - Dash DVD Player
Pioneer AVIC - U250 - Add-on GPS Navigation System
Audio Control 6XS 4 Way Crossover / Line Driver
Ohio Generator 200 Amp Alternator
3 - Stinger SPP1200 Batteries
1 - Optima D34/78 Battery

I just moved from Pittsburgh to Dallas, if I was still in Pittsburgh I would of gave you my code readers to check it with ,lol.

Definitely would've been nice to use. I appreciate it regardless

My feedback thread

I bought one for like 40 bucks at advanced auto few years ago. just might be worth it for ya later.

2007 Ford Ranger

(ALL YET TO BE INSTALLED - DUE TO WORK SCHEDULES)

K&N Performance Air Intake

Massive Audio D2400 Mono Amplifier

2 Custom Built 8" Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In Dash Double Din DVD Player (Video Bypassed)

4 - Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" X 8"

2 - SMD Heavy Duty Single ANL Fuse Blocks

2- Stinger SPP1200 Dry Cell Batteries

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

ILL Customz 8 Spot Flat Lug Style Bolt Down Terminals

ILL Customz 1/0 to 4 Gauge Power / Ground Reducers

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2002 Cheverlot Monte Carlo SS - (Deceased)

2 - Rockford Fosgate Power 1501BD
1 - Rockford Fosgate Power 851x
Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2 Components
Rockford Fosgate Power 3 way 6x9
2 - JL Audio W7 13.5" Subwoofers (Sealed)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In - Dash DVD Player
Pioneer AVIC - U250 - Add-on GPS Navigation System
Audio Control 6XS 4 Way Crossover / Line Driver
Ohio Generator 200 Amp Alternator
3 - Stinger SPP1200 Batteries
1 - Optima D34/78 Battery

Here is a little trick that we used on volvo. It will not display what code is stored, but it will say if there is a DTC in a certain control unit. There is a " read" button on the turn signal switch. Hold that down and press the rear Fog lamp button twice, release the read button. This will say " checking for DTC's" in the Driver info center ( left bottom of the cluster). It will start going through each control unit and read to see if there are codes stored. Then hit the read button to scan through each computer. The ECM is engine control module/ TCM is transmission control module. These will be the only units that will throw a code. It will say either: no code stored, DTC found, or checking.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Here is a little trick that we used on volvo. It will not display what code is stored, but it will say if there is a DTC in a certain control unit. There is a " read" button on the turn signal switch. Hold that down and press the rear Fog lamp button twice, release the read button. This will say " checking for DTC's" in the Driver info center ( left bottom of the cluster). It will start going through each control unit and read to see if there are codes stored. Then hit the read button to scan through each computer. The ECM is engine control module/ TCM is transmission control module. These will be the only units that will throw a code. It will say either: no code stored, DTC found, or checking.

Thank you sir- definitely wouldn't have had the insight to look up that process. If the dealer is open tomorrow I'll get the drive in and do this procedure. If not I at least get a visual inspection of the car and I'll go from there.

My feedback thread

Dont be worried if there are codes stored in a lot of modules. That car has something like 30ish control units. They store dumb codes for the side mirrors, rear view mirror, headlights, seat switch, radio ETC..... Is it a volvo dealer?

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Dont be worried if there are codes stored in a lot of modules. That car has something like 30ish control units. They store dumb codes for the side mirrors, rear view mirror, headlights, seat switch, radio ETC..... Is it a volvo dealer?

that may be the case, but federal regulations state that the only time the CEL has to come on is when there is a problem with emissions. so unless they decided to make the car throw a CEL for a mirror the problem has to do with emissions

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Archived