Gravlin216 Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 I have 2 sets of Rockford power 6.5 components being powered by a Rockford 400-4 and at high volume all components cut out and sub keeps pounding. I faded and balanced out all speakers and found out all speakers on the right side of my car sound muffled at all volume..could it be my amp or speakers...I also had the same problem with different speakers and same amp. Could it be my component cables also,this is annoying me.when it cuts out I back off the volume and they turn back on also.
gr8handogoatness Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 That's weird. Does the amp protect at high volume?
ROLEXrifleman Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 Sounds like the passive crossover doing it's thing to protect the speakers. Is your amp set up properly? (that's a rhetorical question btw) Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Stephen13 Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 Yeah, it sounds like your X-overs have tweeter protectors (poly switches) in them. They look like a ceramic disc capacitor in the X-over. When they heat up they open breaking the connection to the speaker. If you turn the volume down does the sound eventually come back? If it does I'd bet money it's the poly switch at fault. In the past I've tried re-setting my amp's gain to correct the problem but that always resulted in too low a playback level. To bypass the problem I removed the poly switches and replaced them with jumpers. In all the years I've been doing this I have never blown a tweet. 2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab "Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."
leonfowler Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 there is a good chance it can be ur rcas 2004 Chevy Trailblazer LT Walled- 10.5 cubes net tuned 33Hz 2-15 inch AA Team subs D2 Americanbass- 750.1 1 yellowtop under the hood , 4 c&d 88ah batteries in rear mechman-270 pioneer headunit-4200UB 4 soundqubed supertweeters phoenix gold 2 channel back up camera stinger volt meter 22 years old and still have alot to learn..lets get it
Gravlin216 Posted March 31, 2014 Author Report Posted March 31, 2014 Yeah, it sounds like your X-overs have tweeter protectors (poly switches) in them. They look like a ceramic disc capacitor in the X-over. When they heat up they open breaking the connection to the speaker. If you turn the volume down does the sound eventually come back? If it does I'd bet money it's the poly switch at fault. In the past I've tried re-setting my amp's gain to correct the problem but that always resulted in too low a playback level. To bypass the problem I removed the poly switches and replaced them with jumpers. In all the years I've been doing this I have never blown a tweet. Yes as soon as I turn it down it comes back I'll take a look at that when it warms up a little until then I'll do that gain reset,since you say that I remember when it happened about a year ago I messed with gain and it fixed it so maybe that'll help again another thing is it seem to be good all winter and only do it when weather warms back up...weird but probably a coincidence
Gravlin216 Posted March 31, 2014 Author Report Posted March 31, 2014 there is a good chance it can be ur rcas What's some good rca's that aren't to expensive
Trill Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 Do u have a volt meter? Sounds like major voltage dip causing amp to go into protect. Happened to me recently with a bad battery. Minnesota! Y U NO GET WARM!
Skax Posted March 31, 2014 Report Posted March 31, 2014 there is a good chance it can be ur rcas What's some good rca's that aren't to expensive go with some skyhigh rca's, cheap and really reliable IMO 2002 Mustang GT Procharged Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi Procharger Intercooler, Headers, Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow Upgraded Fuel Injectors SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood -Front 275/40ZR17 -Rear 315/35ZR17 5.0 Short Shifter 3.55 Gears
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.