Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

just got 2 image dynamics IDMAX 12 D2 V3 subs


Alouie

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok guys I would like to go sealed with my 2 IDMAX 12 D2 V3 subs. At the moment I have a rockford T1000-bdcp. Do you guys think 1.5 cf per sub enclosure will be enough to still sound good? I listen to a wide range of music. It will be going in a chevy avalanche and I want to keep the functionality of the mid-gate so it will still fully fold down into the cab of the truck. Also will the T1000-bdcp be enough to make these sound off when i want it to ( I know these subs are rated at 1000 watts RMS but 500 a peace will have to do till I can put more to them ).

Posted

This is a plot of modeled in car response of the old idmax 12v3, red is 1.5 cubic feet net, yellow is 1.0 cubic feet net, you can clearly see that the differences are minimal:

plotidmaxsealed.jpg

1.5 cf net will be good to rated power.

Posted

Sealed boxes are like prison cells. It doesn't really matter if the cell is 40ft² or 60ft².... it's still a prison cell. ;-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Maybe I should provide a little more info. 4 ch amp, and 2 sets of diamond audio component speakers rated at 120 watts each. Will 16 gauge wire support this setup, or should I go with 12?

Posted

Sixteen gauge is PLENTY large enough for that much power. Twenty would work. ;-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Posted

Or over kill and do 12 like I'm doing lmao.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows


Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch


Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3225 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...