Second Skin Audio

2 Sundown E10 v2's or 1 Sundown SA-12

How do the soundqubed hds312 compare to the sundown sa-12

You're going to get many different responses from several other posters in here. I think either one of them will be fine. Maybe flip a coin? Personal I have never heard of Soundqubed nor Sundown. I recently bought Sundown subwoofers and am in the process of hooking them up (hopefully soon). :)

Well I know a lot about the SA...I guess what I'm trying to say is does anyone have experience with the Soundqubed HDS3 and could give me some info on them...are they durable on higher rms than they recommend? (They recommend 1200rms, but will it last a while on 1600rms)...does it have good SQ? Right now it's a tie between the two for many reasons...I know more about Sundown and what they're about, but on the flip side, the Soundqubed HDS3 is at an unbelievablely good price for what it says it is. I just want to know more about the HDS before I make a decision.

Well I know a lot about the SA...I guess what I'm trying to say is does anyone have experience with the Soundqubed HDS3 and could give me some info on them...are they durable on higher rms than they recommend? (They recommend 1200rms, but will it last a while on 1600rms)...does it have good SQ? Right now it's a tie between the two for many reasons...I know more about Sundown and what they're about, but on the flip side, the Soundqubed HDS3 is at an unbelievablely good price for what it says it is. I just want to know more about the HDS before I make a decision.

I was thinking the same thing, to be honest. I've heard nothing but good thing about Sundown and a lot of people loved it. Until I saw Soundqubed and a lot of people loved it as well. The thing that surprised me the most was the price. The price between Sundown and Soundqubed is a huge difference!

I was thinking the same thing, to be honest. I've heard nothing but good thing about Sundown and a lot of people loved it. Until I saw Soundqubed and a lot of people loved it as well. The thing that surprised me the most was the price. The price between Sundown and Soundqubed is a huge difference!

I mean it's no joke about that pricing...I just want to know more so I know it ain't too good to be true and I ain't gettin ripped off and the sub just like explode after a month (jk that's an exaggeration)

Why would you run it at 1600rms to be honest

If you don't have the amp yet

Buy the package from sq for 400 with q-mat included

It comes with the q1-1200 and any size hds3

That's a 1200mrs at 1ohm amp

It is perfectly matched to that sub

And if you deceid latter to add another sub

That amp can be strapped with another q1-1200

Giving you a 2400rms amp

Then you can either get a 10,12 or 15" for the same price of $400

And if you don't plane on running a rear seat

Get the 15"

As for price between the two

Put it this way the hds never use to have a 1200rms ratting

Sq put real world ratings in there gear as over time they found that everyone was doing it anyway and they were lasting so why no just tell people they can do it

Look at sundown and look at what amp Jason uses to free air test all his subs

And then tell me that the sa line is only 600rms ratted

When a lot if people run 10-1500 in one

So if he was to label them 1200rms would you still be asking the same question

As far as sub differances

About the same rms handling of 1200 clean(and I mean clean)

Xmas 19 v's 28mm

2.5" v's 3" vc

I run sundown in my cars

But I also have a lot of mates with sq/aq

And I'm running sundown because I' have sa8

Archived