never knows best Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 that is not necessary... unless you want to-
never knows best Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 and run full range to the passive crossovers if you decide to go that route.
vw passat Posted April 2, 2014 Author Report Posted April 2, 2014 cause the tweeters are coming hot. and how im going to set the hpf from the amp and the hu? I think if I hooked them up directly to the amp I can give separate frequencys to the tweeters and the mid's
vw passat Posted April 2, 2014 Author Report Posted April 2, 2014 cause the tweeters are coming hot. and how im going to set the hpf from the amp and the hu? I think if I hooked them up directly to the amp I can give separate frequencys to the tweeters and the mid's
never knows best Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 easy way = use passive crossover and turn down tweeter attenuation
vw passat Posted April 2, 2014 Author Report Posted April 2, 2014 can u please check my components if it is a passive crossover or a normal crossover 11ks65.2 kicker thanks for your help
never knows best Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 passive x-over http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_crossover
Guest Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 if you dont know how to run active, just use the passive crossovers. headunit HPF at 100hz or so. if you're using the boxed crossovers and the tweeters are getting hot as hell, something is probably wrong with your wiring.
never knows best Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 there should be a switch on the physical crossover. it will have three positions. turn it to -3db. if the problem persists turn it to -6db. it's really that simple-
finkster Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 Turn off all of your crossovers on the head unit. Set the filter on the amp to 80 high pass and use the stock crossover that came with your components. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.