Second Skin Audio

What do you think of the supplies i am going to get?

Nealon14

Hey guys i wanted some of you experienced car audio guys at building boxes take a look at some of the supplies i am going to be buying to build my box. Any changes or recommendations before i buy anything would be greatly appreciated. ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Everbilt #8 x 1-1/2 in. Zinc-Plated Steel Pan-Head Phillips-DriveSheet Metal Screws (100-Pack) to screw my sub woofer to a double baffle. I figured 1.5 inches would be perfect since that would be the thickness of the baffle.

2ut5iyo.jpg

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Grip-Rite #8 x 2-1/2 in. Coarse Steel Bugle-Head Phillips Drywall Screws 1 lb.-Pack to screw in the double baffle to the box.

ostkhy.jpg

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Grip-Rite #8 x 1-5/8 in. Coarse Phosphate-Plated Steel Bugle-Head Phillips Drywall Screws 1 lb.-Pack to go around the rest of the box because i don't have any clamps

ostkhy.jpg

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Titebond II 16 oz. Premium Wood Glue to glue the box seams together.

qqd3b6.jpg

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

GE Silicone II 9.8-oz. Clear Kitchen and Bath Caulk to put around the seams for insurance of a nice airtight sealed box.

2vxh89h.jpg

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

MD Building Products 3/4 in. x 10 ft. Black Sponge Rubber Foam Weatherstrip Tape to put around the the sub woofer hole on the baffle just for that insurance that it is sealed its only 3 bucks so why not?

o8rtlj.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

12 GAUGE SPEAKER WIRE one of these two I cant decide any other 12 gauge you guys could find around 20-25 foot in length in the $10-$30 range would be nice, but true 12 awg and OFC.

20 Ft. of 12 Gauge AWG Q-Series Silver Tinned OFC Speaker Wire $35

hw09ja.jpg

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Kicker XW1220 X Series Silver Tinned OFC Speaker Wire 12 AWG 20 ft. $20

16gc0hu.jpgeas09v.jpg

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

if i missed anything important to building a box let me know.(i am not using terminals i am just going to drill holes and shove the wire through and seal it.)

I would say all looks ok, except for the weather striping. I think you will find the sub casket will do a good job sealing the sub. And the weather striping will most likely just get blown out.

truthsayer

You can get 25' of CCA 12ga from droppinhzcaraudio.com for $12 bucks

2001 Chevy Blazer LS

Kenwood KDC-HD552U

2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's

HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k

XS Power D3100

4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio)

2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's

2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters

Archived