Sundown Audio

Underrated Amps!!

mtxcivic07

I'm interested in power rating from amps @ 12.5 V  That way anything higher will yield more power.

but more heat will be created...

What I'm saying is most companies advertise their power at 14.4V. But I want to make sure that enough power is available AT 12.5V and then some with 14.4.  Feel me?  ;)

you must bang with ur car off i guess right?

cause the 14.4 rating is the voltage most cars idle at while on

I don't bang with my car off. But your voltage drops when you bump. Plus I'm running my stock alt. still and my voltage can drop really low (11-ish)

Kind of just a random ? I guess, but I was looking at the amp originally mentioned's specs and it says 600 rms and 1200 peak power... MTX civic was talking about how his peak power was so high but I dont understand... How often will he actually see near that power w/ that amp?

Thanks,

Andrew

doesnt say peak on this page, unless u looked it up. it can see peak more often than u think.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Kind of just a random ? I guess, but I was looking at the amp originally mentioned's specs and it says 600 rms and 1200 peak power... MTX civic was talking about how his peak power was so high but I dont understand... How often will he actually see near that power w/ that amp?

Thanks,

Andrew

doesnt say peak on this page, unless u looked it up. it can see peak more often than u think.

yeah everything i stated is all RMS watts there is no peak

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

My RF T3001bd is rated at 3750 @ 1ohm.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Guest Brett32324

ROckford amps are underrated IMO. my friends 120 watt rms amp pushed like 200 watt rms 12"s. my 1500 watt max power amp can push like 4 twelves each 300 watts RMS. and the amp said 500watts RMS. rockfords are crazy.

with RF you always ge more than what you paid for.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived