Okay so I want to get some new lights for my Cadillac. But would I'm not sure if I should go with the stock Phillips d1s lights just brand new or get a Aftermarket d1s ballast and bulb from somewhere else.. Any pros and cons from that?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Any body?

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

If you can spend the money, OEM Phillips is hard to beat for quality.

I guess the question is, are you just looking to replace what's burnt out, or looking to change for some reason? Or is cost the primary concern?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

More of the light is loosing output the bulbs are over 6 years and there not as bright as other lights I see and it'll be the same vehicle

And cost well I can get em off Amazon for about 120 for both and Aftermarket I'm looking at around the same if not a bit more from the retro fit source

Anybody?

Are you taking about a complete hid kit replacement? Like ballast and bulbs? Everything? Or just bulbs?

imo if bulbs just don't seem as bright replace them with OEM.

there is a chance that the brighter lights you are seeing are because of a higher wattage ballast or nice projectors. Could just be a trick of your eye, not seeing it how it really is for some reason.

I don't know much about hids specially on your car but that's just what I think would be the better approach.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

You make a great point Alaskan, but at the same time, HIDs should lose their gas properties after years, especially 6.

I'd say his bulbs should roll over in a few more months anyways. I've never seen bulbs go that long, let alone Phillips bulbs LOL!

Something like this, I'd say visit the HID retrofit forums for more info.

GL!

Archived