Sonic Electronix

recommendations...not sure where to start

You have a factory amp..the speaker outputs are putting out too high a voltage for the amp and its going into protect or its not putting out enough for the amp either way the most surefire way to fix it is to run speaker wire straight off the unit to the speakers..or use an aftermarket amp to push the driver..in which case you would be running speaker wire directly to the speakers from the amp..either way it involves a shit load of wire but youll get it working right

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

so so far ill need a new HU, an amp, 4-6 new speakers and a shit load of wire, sounds fun lol. so if I want to go and run the wires off the amp I just run speaker wire from the amp to the new speakers and then just run the RCAs from the HU to the amp? what would i do with the speaker connections on the back of the HU harness, just cap them off? thanks guys

Yeah just cover em up so they dont touch anything. Everything just goes in order

headunit- rcas-amp-speakers.

The stock speaker wires I assume your talking about. If so just put some butt connectors in them and take some electrical tape and rap it around that just to make double sure or just cut the ends off leaving no wire exposed

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

So I'm guessing I would need a HU with 3 sets of outputs(front rear and sub?) or just 2 beings that I will be running a 4 channel? Any suggestions on a good HU, not looking to spend more than 150ish

Been looking at the JVC KD-R950BT. I can get it for 120, decent unit?

Any suggestions on a good HU, 4 channel amp and door speakers. My fronts are 6x9's and my tears are 5 1/4's then I have 2 tweeters in the a-pillar. Can I wire those on the "front half" of the channels or what should I do there? Thanks guys

Have you tried connecting the head units remote turn on lead to the factory amp turn on. If its the dodge in your avatar thats all that need done.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived