Sonic Electronix

How Do I Know When I Need To Upgrade My Alt Or Add Batterys?

i wouldnt run anything more than 1000 watts on a stock electrical. your alt will eventually die out and you'll stall somewhere. and dont add too many batteries on a stock alt cuz then it'll strain trying to keep them charged and stall.

capacitors can help, just not with what most people want to use them for. me? personally i'll never use em.

Edited by ExpoSport

im running 1500 on a stock... and i drop to 10 volts when the bass hits hard.... but i cant find any HO alts for my car... and cant afford 2 batts yet.

you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy.

Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion

Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD

Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials

Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs

Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Audiopipe AP1504

Enclosure:: Sealed

Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0

Battery:: Kinetik HC600

lol...im running a t20001bd....over 2600 rms...on a Honda civic 02.....STOCK ELECTRIC..no big 3 no HO alt no batts...and ive had it for a while now....and its doin fine!

Yeah it depends on how often you bump too and it also depends on how good your stock electrical is. Upgrading to the Big 3 and the battery upfront is a good start.

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Yeah it depends on how often you bump too and it also depends on how good your stock electrical is. Upgrading to the Big 3 and the battery upfront is a good start.

very true. mine died out on me so i speak from experience at least. H/O alt and a couple batteries and i'm doing fine now

Well I could use a new battery anyway. What would be good for daily driving? Can you use a deep cell like a Yellow top for a daily driven car? Or what about a kinetik? I dont know what I should buy but, I could get a new battery and do the big 3 this weekend, and also pull that underdrive pulley off. Battery info please...

**UPDATE** I went to Kinetik's site and used there calculator and they suggest that I run a Kinetik HC1400, they are $159 on eBay..They also recommend I put a Kinetik HC2000 back by my amp/amps...they are $175 on eBay..So now I will be upgrading in the very near future! Then when I get the money I will buy a hi output alt from iraggi...Then I should be set..

Edited by Hodges
23002.jpg