Second Skin Audio

Sorry if this is a repeat question, I couldn't find anything. I plan on beginning to install my Damp Pro tomorrow. That being said, what should I use to clean and prep the surface really well. I got some 3M adhesive remover to get the old residue off. Should I degrease (ie Purple Power) it? It's a 92 so it's pretty nasty under the carpet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

acetone works good too. i always go over it with a wet rag first go get as much nasty off as possible. then go over it with the acetone on a diff rag and do a 3rd run with a fresh wet rag

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

acetone works good too. i always go over it with a wet rag first go get as much nasty off as possible. then go over it with the acetone on a diff rag and do a 3rd run with a fresh wet rag

Beat me to it JJ. I used acetone. Grab some of your old lady's (or moms, and, im sorry) nail polish remover.

• 3 weeks later...

and you can't get in there to install second skin? Great stuff really isn't a good sound dampening product. It has its uses to stop noise but its not as effective as most make it seem.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer