Assman Industries 08 Builds

what happened to it?? any finnished pix?

Got tired of it tore it out and built more then 3-4 different set ups since then.I never finish hardly any of my builds,i figure why finish then when im going to tear them out after awhile.Anywho here is the closest to a finished pic i have.

Posted Image

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

Team Notoriously Loud Mafia

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Randy I like the progress. You are crazy. Nice

Question: As someone who has done both sealed and ported spl setups, which one do you honestly prefer?

Do you feel like you sacrifice bass depth and air movement when you go sealed or can you not tell the difference?

The reason I ask is because I'm thinking about putting 2 15's in my ride using a ported box. I am willing to go sealed if I can fit another 15 in there, but I love low notes...really low notes. I don't want to sacrfice the low's...also if having 2 woofers in a ported will be louder than 3 in a sealed, then I'd rather not bother with the sealed. Know what I mean?

I have about 9 cubes max to spare. I have also thought about having 2 Fi Qs 18" (with options) in a sealed, but again I don't want to be dissapointed.

Sorry for thread jacking man...I just had to ask.

BTW keep the pics coming....love your work

Randy I like the progress. You are crazy. Nice

Question: As someone who has done both sealed and ported spl setups, which one do you honestly prefer?

Do you feel like you sacrifice bass depth and air movement when you go sealed or can you not tell the difference?

The reason I ask is because I'm thinking about putting 2 15's in my ride using a ported box. I am willing to go sealed if I can fit another 15 in there, but I love low notes...really low notes. I don't want to sacrfice the low's...also if having 2 woofers in a ported will be louder than 3 in a sealed, then I'd rather not bother with the sealed. Know what I mean?

I have about 9 cubes max to spare. I have also thought about having 2 Fi Qs 18" (with options) in a sealed, but again I don't want to be dissapointed.

Sorry for thread jacking man...I just had to ask.

BTW keep the pics coming....love your work

Thanks Dale,I prefer a sealed box.I think they can handle to low lows better then a ported box but thats just my opinion.But you also have to remember that most of my enclosers have a ton of subs so ported is near impossble to do.I'm sure a ported box has more air movement but again all my sealed boxs has had a ton of subs.So i guess all in all if you plan on running a couple subs a ported box would be better then a sealed box but if you are going for cone area a sealed box is the way to go.

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Now for some updates on the van.Its starting to take shape.Got most of the frame done along the top and sides

Posted Image

Posted Image

Started to build the highs encloser on the passenger side

Posted Image

Posted Image

Should be able to finish the framing tomorow and get all the corners caulked.Then to seal the inside of the box and start working on the back of the truck.

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Archived