k so a while back i decided sure ill put a can on my car shit was loud as fuck got pulled over warnings then a ticket then another after that i was like fuck this and added a glasspack after the cat. quited the car right down and never had an issue. "usually only one cop pulls me over cause he knows me" ive passed him alot and he doesnt mess with me anymore

well last night i got pulled over not because it was loud because i had an "illegal muffler" the trooper tried telling me my exause had to remain 100% stock i told him that ive gotten 2 tickets already thrown out because thats not the case so he un sure looked it up on his phone well i read into it and found this

Section 375. Equipment.

Subsection 31. Mufflers and exhaust systems. Prevention of noise.

Every motor vehicle, operated or driven upon the highways of the state, shall at all times be equipped with an adequate muffler and exhaust system in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise and no such muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cut-out, bypass, or similar device.

No person shall modify the muffler or exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor or exhaust system of such vehicle above that emitted by the muffler or exhaust system originally installed on the vehicle and such original muffler and exhaust system shall comply with all the requirements of this section.

A muffler is a device consisting of a series of chambers or baffle plates, or other mechanical design for the purpose of receiving exhaust gas from an internal combustion engine, and effective in reducing noise.

An exhaust system is a series of mechanical devices for the purpose of receiving exhaust gas from an internal combustion engine and expelling it into the atmosphere.

so this cop gave me a ticket for my muffler not being stock, so inadaquit muffler but no where on there does it say it has to be stock non the less how would one keep a stock muffler on a 14 year old car. i think i have this ticket like the others beat wondering what u guys think unless the cop trys to change his story. i even had my cousin with me and i asked "wait ur giving me a ticket not because its loud but because its not stock" the guy had to look it up and even then he twisted it to make him sound right

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

IMO your exhaust if fine as long as its does not exceed the legal decibel level and has the cat installed. I think here in WA state is like 92-93 decibels. I don't think they can make car owners only install stock mufflers if yours wears out. STUPID IMO I think the cop is being a dick.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

That's a win for you.

The court is going to go off of what was written on the ticket as the infraction so make sure the copy he gave you was filled in.

Match the Ordance violation with the code and check it against the law.

But there is no law that says the exhaust has to remain stock

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

ive never heard of people getting ticked for loud muffler???

how absolutely obnoxious does a muffler have to be to get a bunch of tickets???

Officer discretion.

So you better hope I got some last night

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

it doesnt say anything on the ticket though just inadequet or no muffler doesnt describe why so im worried hell try and change his story. pisses me off cause all u can see is 1" of the tip of the can all the rest is tucked under. said my muffler is illegal i then asked if its illegal why am i not being arested for posseion on a lighter note i then asked him what the laws were for systems and he said that they have no way to read how loud it is so i guess im good on that aspect? idk this is my 3rd one im not gonna give in ive already added a 2nd muffler im not doing anymore work when there is no need to

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i dont need sympathy my past 2 tickets were thrown out because i got the original one went to the baracks did nothing to the car and had it signed off on so i sent that in not doing anything to the car. then the 2nd one i did add another muffler but i beat that because i got it the day after the first was signed off at the baracks so my arguement was how can different police officers have different opinions about what is to loud so i had no fine for any of those and they were dis missed this officer just flat out said because its not stock. i even asked wait your pulling me over because of how it looks not because of how it sounds and he agreed they really hate cans here and i dont uderstand i have 2 mufflers on this car its not loud at all

ive never heard of people getting ticked for loud muffler???

how absolutely obnoxious does a muffler have to be to get a bunch of tickets???

would hate to live where you live then people not being forced to change mufflers that are to loud.

Kinda like you can get pulled over for having your system over 90 db or so in VA(what I was told I work up there so I don't bump up there lol)

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived