Second Skin Audio

Fi Q or Bl 18

not sure on those series, i have an SSD and it slammed. then my buddy got a BTL 18" and that got down. either way, goodluck on your choice

I was not sure if the SSD would take a Brutus 2400 had another brand, use to get little warm slight smell not often but enough had to turn if down in the middle of a jam or road trip to Tulsa.

yea, mine was on a 1200 watt amp and hit fine. blew that amp due to bad ground and got a 2500 brutus... needless to say the FI didn't make it out to shiny :(

vehicle: 1998 2door tahoe

HU: kenwood single din

subs: DC level 4 18"

amp: hifonics 2500.1D and 1200.4

door speakers: 2 PWX 8"s and 2 random 6.5"s

2 6" will give the right area but tuning will be a bitch to figure out. Just got rid of my BL. Hit hard and low in my truck in an undersized box. Had to plug one port since tuning was too high. Wanted to try the Q 12 this time around but got a deal on a Hertz Hi energy.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

the q is a great sub. I have a 15 and it plays great

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

2 6" will give the right area but tuning will be a bitch to figure out. Just got rid of my BL. Hit hard and low in my truck in an undersized box. Had to plug one port since tuning was too high. Wanted to try the Q 12 this time around but got a deal on a Hertz Hi energy.

Can you please explane this

Because by the sounds of it

You should read more and advise less

Box was designed by someone else. Had someone run specs it was undersized. Port area was right but tuning was high. Sacrificed the area for lower tuning on my end. Got a bit peaky but hit lows better. What im getting at box makes it. The sub was great. Abused it got warm. Coil never changed. Had for almost 2 years and was still stiff. Got it fully loaded. Gave it up but now wish I hadnt.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers