the never ending electrical issue

so after adding another amp in the car i had an alternator whine so after trying to get it figured it was the amp so i took it out and the whine was still there. well today i had some free time so i re did everything nice and clean kept my rcas away from any power or ground cables and when going to hook everything back up i see that my remote wire is now constant? the cars off and my amps are on so i turn the car on and a loud bump sound pushes all my interior speakers to full exersion holds them there for a min then goes away. so now and my whine is still there while the car is not on just key on and my rear battery bank is disconected from the front. wtf is going on here is my deck dying is there anyway to fix this help and such.

kenwood ddx419

2 duel 4 chans bridged 1 amp per front and 1 for rear speakers

at800.1

i have no idea what to do here

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

When you re did something you either wired something wrong or there is some unheard of problem with your head unit.

An obvious fix would be to install a switch but I wouldn't do anything until you trace the problem.

Very carefully check the voltage at the head unit where the remote turn on lead comes out. Do this with no key in the ignition. Is there voltage present?

Yep, my bet is the head unit.

I always add a toggle switch to my remote wire. WHen I turn it off, i know it's off.

EDIT: did you by any chance hook the RCA's or remote up before the power/ground?

how could a bad ground cause the head unit to have 12v on constantly / yes i usually do my rcas and remote wires before my power and ground cause they are smaller conections for the remotre and the rcas are oposte side of the board.

could a bad ground cause the amps to push the speakers to full xmax and hold them there for a sec to me that seems like a signal issue from the deck but im just not sure how to even go about fixing this

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Could be a bad ground. I had that problem with a sub amp. Fixed the ground and made all connections as tight as possible and the problem was solved.

How can a bad ground cause constant power to be delivered from a switched source?

OP if you don't want to get another HU you can install a switch to turn everything off/on.

Are you draining battery power due to amps being on at all times?

Sounds like you have wires mixed up. Use a multimeter and test all your wires on your hu.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived