matt.b Posted April 7, 2014 Report Posted April 7, 2014 Hey guys, just looking to see what you all use for terminals on your boxes. I'm looking to use bolts but don't know how to go about it and I don't like running wire through the port. Thanks
jarrius Posted April 7, 2014 Report Posted April 7, 2014 Drill 2 small holes in the box and run direct leads from the sub/subs. Then seal up the holes. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
rockFord_Expedition Posted April 7, 2014 Report Posted April 7, 2014 In a perfect world we would all use copper but most use stainless steel. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
hdorre Posted April 7, 2014 Report Posted April 7, 2014 I don't use terminals, because i wont need to wire down. I did was jarrius said.. and sealed with TB2. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
RooTxBeeR Posted April 7, 2014 Report Posted April 7, 2014 I ran my wires through holes then caulked them off On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
rockFord_Expedition Posted April 7, 2014 Report Posted April 7, 2014 If you do run wires straight in, make sure to tie knots in the wire just inside the box with some slack between the knots and subs. That way if the wire gets pulled on by accident, it won't stress any part of the subs. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
matt.b Posted April 7, 2014 Author Report Posted April 7, 2014 alright thanks guys looks like I'll be drilling some holes in the morning after picking up some new wire
matt.b Posted April 7, 2014 Author Report Posted April 7, 2014 alright thanks guys looks like I'll be drilling some holes in the morning after picking up some new wire
Triticum Agricolam Posted April 7, 2014 Report Posted April 7, 2014 I've started to use 1/4" aluminum bolts. Way better conductivity than stainless steel ones. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Edgare50 Posted April 7, 2014 Report Posted April 7, 2014 if you don't want to drill any holes you can just run it out the port, i drilled some holes put in some bolts, just make sure they are long enough oh and you might want to get some washers 2 Soundqubed SQ1-2200D 1 Soundqubed Q4-120 4 American Bass VFL 65MR 2 American Bass HD 15's 2 American Bass MX-250T 2 American Bass MX-252T 4 XS Power XP950 Tons of Sky High Car Audio Cable "Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science..."
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.