Jose luis 12 Posted April 11, 2014 Report Posted April 11, 2014 Currently built an enclosure for my sundown x-12 d4, running off a p1000.1bd. The box dimensions are 36wide, 13height, 13depth. Am using a 4 inch aeroport tuned to 30 hz. I usually listen to low 30's. But I feel like the box could be louder in general. What do y'all suggest I do to make it perform better? I'm a noob in enclosures so bare with me
Joe X Posted April 11, 2014 Report Posted April 11, 2014 It's the single 4" port, too low port area, also you would need to check your gains, electrical, etc to see if you have an additional problem.
Jose luis 12 Posted April 11, 2014 Author Report Posted April 11, 2014 Well my electrical is all stock, and my amp was tuned with the dd-1. I was thinking the port was too small for it. But don't know if to do 1 6" aeroport or 2 4" aeroports
Joe X Posted April 11, 2014 Report Posted April 11, 2014 You should have big 3, a deep cycle batt and good wiring to your amp but for sure the port area is low, at higher volume, the port output stalls and the box behaves more like sealed.
Jose luis 12 Posted April 11, 2014 Author Report Posted April 11, 2014 What size port(s) do you recommend?
Joe X Posted April 11, 2014 Report Posted April 11, 2014 At least 2 4"s tuned to 32Hz will make the box feel definitely louder and with the increased port area it will hit lower actually.
Jose luis 12 Posted April 11, 2014 Author Report Posted April 11, 2014 Okay awesome, I will definitely be adding another aero and tune them. Hoping to hear a huge difference
Jose luis 12 Posted April 12, 2014 Author Report Posted April 12, 2014 Okay so I just did the 2 4 inch PVC ports at 33 hz and it doesn't sound quite well. Box has no leaks and but I didn't flare the ends. Will flaring the ends make it louder?
Joe X Posted April 12, 2014 Report Posted April 12, 2014 Guess you should picture your stuff to see what are you doing.
john253a Posted April 12, 2014 Report Posted April 12, 2014 pic, something air right, and what did you use to tune the box
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.