Second Skin Audio

Dust cap gets a little warm

Ok so im not a 100% noob lol i know a little more then the basics. I have a pt cruiser with stock alt stock wiring, hc1200 up front(no batteries in back) and 1 run of OFC 1/0 shca, my amp is the saz2500v2 and sus are (2) hds300 12s in a custom box. Now heres my question. My dust caps are getting warm after like 5 mins of playing. I dont beleive they are clipping because my gain is literally bearly on. My voltage drops to 11.8 ish when going hard on it (lol "going hard") so could my subs be 'clipping' just a tad bit cuz of my voltage drop?

get that big 3 done asap

along with another battery and/or H/O alt voltage drop like that can fry a good amp so be careful

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

That amp and subs are not happy with you.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Even though you don't believe its not clipping, your ear-meter isn't accurate. Entirely possible that you are clipping or have some other form of distortion.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

My sp4 caps get warm.

Built that way, shows they are cooling.

Fuck, i even get them hot.

But, was told failure is 500plus degrees on the coil. They are NO where near that. :roflmao:

That said, im sure you set your gains with a DD1 or Oscope right?

I can also see 11.9v after 3-4 songs at full tilt, playing 10hz below tuning, into a slight known clip. so :shrug:

No i didnt use dd-1 or o scope. Idk how to upload a pic. But its lile LITERALLY bearly creeped up, just enough to hear but not too crazy. As for electrical. Its a long story but its my moms car lol. I have the cash sitting it my bank ready to buy a singer 230A alt. but i havent ordered it yet cuz of diff reasons. Now i dont drive the car. My mom does, she always has bass down all the way. The only time i play it is when doing a vid or like when were on the freeway. It hardly ever gets played

I tuned my zcon 18 with the dd1 and turned the gain down even a little farther and my dust cap get to a mild warm after playing full tilt for a few songs only dropping to 12.9

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

Archived