gf says i love my car/system more then her

haha, what ever you want it to be, And worth the peace and quiet! the money is a way to Keep her off my Back. if that just happens to keep me on hers... well that's what we call a win win!

and unless i can ninja a new pic thats all i can post on this particular site ; )

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

got to sneak them, if i told her they were for here... well that wouldn't end well at all!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I had this conversation with my wife when we were still dating. I'm a car guy. I've always been a car guy. Didn't matter if it was car audio, autocrossing, drag racing, track days; I'll always be spending money and doing something with my car. I told her to make peace with it, move on and be with someone else, or just be miserable cause I wasn't giving it up.

Now, we have our daughter, our home, and I still mess with my cars. VERY RARELY do I get any grief for the money I spend on my car because I'm putting away in savings/retirement and making extra payments on the mortgage. If I have a little extra and decide to spend it on something I want, that's my decision as long as I'm not taking away from the family.

None of the above isn't to say every once in a while she doesn't get all hormonal about it, just saying sometimes I think you just got to lay it down for your girls and piont out that it's cheaper than a crack habit, and at least you're not bumping uglies with some other woman. I mean, put it in perspective for them you know?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

This is prob one of the reasons I don't have a girl right now..My ex back in high school gave me the ultimate hell for spending money on audio. She always told me it was what immature guys spend their money on and I needed to save money for the future blah blah.. lol. even though my college was free from a scholarship and I always took her to expensive restaurants multiple times a week. By expensive I mean like red lobster and olive garden type of restaurants, the ain't exactly cheap. The whole relationship she never once had to pay squat when we went out and the way I see it that's the way it should be. I did my part, but she wanted me to change who I was just to fit her and her bitch ass dad's views of the way a guy is supposed to be. Needless to say I got outta that and I haven't looked back since! That was 3 years ago though.

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

I had this conversation with my wife when we were still dating. I'm a car guy. I've always been a car guy. Didn't matter if it was car audio, autocrossing, drag racing, track days; I'll always be spending money and doing something with my car. I told her to make peace with it, move on and be with someone else, or just be miserable cause I wasn't giving it up.

Now, we have our daughter, our home, and I still mess with my cars. VERY RARELY do I get any grief for the money I spend on my car because I'm putting away in savings/retirement and making extra payments on the mortgage. If I have a little extra and decide to spend it on something I want, that's my decision as long as I'm not taking away from the family.

None of the above isn't to say every once in a while she doesn't get all hormonal about it, just saying sometimes I think you just got to lay it down for your girls and piont out that it's cheaper than a crack habit, and at least you're not bumping uglies with some other woman. I mean, put it in perspective for them you know?

I agree, I work, I pay the bills, I provide for my family, I deserve to spend some money on myself. I do spend time with my kids and gf (not according to her though). She still get mad and I tell her.... " your getting mad I work out in the garage on my car, I could be one of those guys whos out at the bar all night doing drugs and fucking whores" She doesn't realize how good she gots it I don't think.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

All I can think about on the last paragraph. "bump uglies, that's right, I said bump uglies, wanna fight about it?"

I agree, I work, I pay the bills, I provide for my family, I deserve to spend some money on myself. I do spend time with my kids and gf (not according to her though). She still get mad and I tell her.... " your getting mad I work out in the garage on my car, I could be one of those guys whos out at the bar all night doing drugs and fucking whores" She doesn't realize how good she gots it I don't think.

All I can think about on the last paragraph. "bump uglies, that's right, I said bump uglies, wanna fight about it?"

Like I said, I wasn't a complete dick to my girlfriend, now wife, about it, I just laid it out for her. This is me; I take care of my family, I'm loyal to the people I love, I have and will walk through fire for the people I care about, I work my ass off at my job for every little raise and promotion so that I can make my family more comfortable. Hell, the conversation we had the other day was about me getting a second job so that my wife could stay home and we not have to put our kid in daycare. Do I want to work 70 hours a week and never be home? Hell no, but I'd do it in a second if it meant taking care of my family. That's all the kind of man I am, the kind of man my father raised me to be.

On the flip side of all that; Yes, I do enjoy going to car shows on occasion. I have spent whole afternoons working on my car or a friend's. Yes, there's even been a night or two I didn't come home cause I was pulling an all-nighter helping a friend out. The same passion and loyalty that drives me to do what I do for my family drives me to do what I do for and to cars. It's just two sides of the same coin.

That may be the best way to explain it to anyone's gf/spouse. I do XYZ and ABC to take care of you and make you happy because of how much I care for you. I'm passionate about cars/audio/ect, so that's why I do what I do on that side. You can't have this guy and not take that guy with it, package deal. If you really take care of your woman, and put it in that perspective, MOST will get it notwithstanding a slight case of butthurt here and there. The ones that don't, you either cut loose or ignore their bitchiness and do your thing.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

so me and my girl go to the mall. she says she's gonna gonna buy me a pair of sneakers (with my money, how nice of me) and After looking at $120 pink and green shoes for a hour she asked if theres anything i like? i said no and for a few extra bucks i could get my comps. ya know something worth spending the $ on. her response.. Jesus efin Christ I'm nor efin biting you speakers. that's all you Efin care about.

yup

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage