Looks Too Good To Be True

http://www.ebay.com/itm/253-HIGH-AMP-HD-ALTERNATOR-C-K-R-V-AVALANCHE-SUBURBAN-TAHOE-YUKON-XL-ESCALADE-H2-/261428719327?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cde5daedf&vxp=mtr

253 HIGH AMP HD ALTERNATOR for 170 bucks

made in usa

what u guys think i have a stock 140 amp alt

even if this does 3/4 what it say it would be good for price right

Depends. Where does it put that power out? At 1000 rpm is it 20 amp and then at 8000 rpm does it do the rated power? Bit extreme I know, but I looked at a few of these eBay alts for my Toyota. Old truck had a stock 60 amp! Anyway, some came back with verified numbers to support a good usable amperage output at idle and when the full power kicked in. Some did not. Some were about like my example above. Rated amperage came in outside the normal operating rpm range of the vehicle so no use to me.

I'd be wary of the eBay ones. I'm sure there are some that are good and made by reputable vendors. Before I'd buy though, I'd get all the info I could on the product and how they are made, performance and what the warranty is and what it covers. Then I'd compare that to some of the well known vendors and decide from there.

Usually if it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire