Is acoutsic foam inside door with sound damping sheets worthless?

Marquisboys

oh wow didnt even think of fiberglass insulation. I going to be using that i can get a lot for dirt cheap. I seen that he put it on the frame closet to the door panel, ill probably end up doing that and on the inside of the door. Think ud be able to hear that plastic rattle around if bass is playing?

Since you probably can't take the outer skin off your doors, you'll need to put the fiberglass in as far as you can reach to apply the tape. You don't have to use as much fiberglass insulation as I did. There's no chance of hearing the plastic move if you do a reasonable job of pushing excess air out of the plastic before you seal it up.

I used dyno liner 1/4" over sound deadener in my doors and could be happier. It comes in 3/8 & 1/2 inch. I think 1" would be overkill. Comes in rools and is easy to work with. Still sticking good on my door and trunk.

Lancerbuildpart3009_zps91cc7b08.jpg

Lancerbuildpart3007_zps3b6ba352.jpg

Lancerstereoupgrade3016_zps9a082ae2.jpg

Ahh ok thank you for all the help also. Another thing i was bored today so i did some reseach on other products. So on http://sounddeadenershowdown.com/ the CCF is made out of "Polyvinyl Chloride Nitrile Butadiene Rubber" aka Vinyl / Nitrile. Sooo i did some searching and found this http://www.thefoamfactory.com/closedcellfoam/gymnasticrubber.html Its the exact same material as his CCF and you can get a 96x48 1/4 sheet for like 29 bucks. Thats enough to do all four doors and possibly more. He swears on using MLV and the CCF for some good sound proofing. But than again the the fiberglass insulation is alot cheeper in the end and might do a great job also. Im not looking to absorb sound i think what im trying to do with the CCF is almost "move the sound waves" away from the speaker so there is no cancellation if that makes sense and stop the rattles from bass moving the door panel. I also just bought the F.A.S.T rings to try them out lol. But if you swear by that fiberglass insulation i might end up trying that out to. Just worried if the bag gets ripped or something and im breathing in fiberglass lol dont want to be in the ER..

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior