Sonic Electronix

DO YOU PURCHASE MOBILE AUDIO PRODUCTS ONLINE, AND IF SO WHY?

MOBILE AUDIO ONLINE PURCHASES  

171 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU LOOK TO SEE IF THE ONLINE STORE IS AN AUTHORIZED DEALER?

2. 2. HOW MANY RETAIL LOCAL BRICK AND MORTAR STORES DID YOU VISIT BEFORE MAKING YOUR PURCHASE ONLINE?

3. 3. WHY DID YOU PURCHASE ONLINE

• PRICE
    • WASN'T AVAIALBE/INSTOCK LOCALLY
    • FAST SHIPPING
  4. 4. WOULD YOU HAVE PURCHASED LOCALLY IF IT WAS IN STOCK BUT COST A LITTLE MORE?

• YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $10 MORE
    • YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $20 MORE
    • YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $30 MORE
    • NO, NOT UNLESS THE STORE SOLD FOR THE SAME PRICE AS ONLINE
  5. 5. IF YOUR LOCAL STORE MATCHED THE ONLINE PRICE, BUT DIDN'T HAVE IT IN STOCK WOULD YOU STILL PURCHASE LOCALLY?

• YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN 2 DAYS OR LESS
    • YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN 3 DAYS OR LESS
    • YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN A WEEK OR LESS
    • NO
  6. 6. WHAT IS THE MAIN REASON FOR NOT MAKING YOUR PURCHASE LOCALLY?

• PRODUCT NOT IN STOCK
    • PRICE
    • CUSTOMER SUPPORT
    • LOCAL SHOP DOESN'T ADVERTISE SALES/SPECIALS

I check online prices before I buy. I go into the shops trying to get a fair deal and almost never do. Paid like $60 for a small positive distro block once in a pinch. I did pick up a set of polyglass focal components from a shop for the best price I was able to get online. If the shop doesn't try to dick me around and can show me a price I'm comfortable with ill buy from em in a heartbeat

SMDSIG3.png

my local shop charges atleast 50% markup on everything they sell. Kicker 1/0 OFC is like $14/ft... Skyhigh is what, $3.50/ft? Guy is also rude as hell, his customer support is awful.

the other shop is SUPER shady and does a lot of stuff under the table... they do good work though. Prices aren't as bad, it's a $50 flatrate fee for a head unit install in whatever.

same here.

I went to my Local shop to check out some Hertz comps, wanted $500+, I asked to listen to them and he didnt even have them amped, just hooked up to a deck. Got them elsewhere.

went back to the same shop to see if they felt like running a 1/0 cable I had front to back, told me they charge $80/hour and didnt have any openings for 2 months, but if I bought there amp install package for $250 or whatever I could have it in a few days. So I just spent a few hours and did it myself.

I drove an hour to the nearest car audio shop to hear a set of Focal components. When I called them they said come on down cause they had them in stock. I drove down and 60 min later I am told that they actually don't have any hooked up to demo, but their other store does. The other store was about 55 min east of there. I decided to go there and check it out cause I have already gone this far. When I got there, they had one set of cheaper coax Focal speakers set up. I listened to him and then he brought out two other sets of components. He wanted $799 for the pair. I am all for helping out a local business if the price is close enough, but when I did a quick search I saw that it was listed on Woofersetc.com for $599. I'm sorry but for 200 extra dollars... No thanks.

2004 Pontiac Vibe Build

Sony MEX-N5000BT

JBL P660C x 2

Sundown Audio Zv4 18

Crescendo BC2000D

Crescendo S800/4

Execution Audio 0 AWG Wire

Sky High Car Audio RCA's

Toolmaker Terminals

XS Power D1200

DC Power 240HP Alternator

Viper 5706

I would love to buy stuff local. But my shop charges waaaay to much for stuff [1 grand for a 4 channel soundstream amp] and the installs are horrid. like yeah. No thanks.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

I frankly don't support my local shops for anything. I do my own installs for one and for two, if I'm doing my own work I want to pick the equipment i use and not have some locals garbage shoved down my throat. The last thing i bought from a shop was some 8ga. I think what i paid for 10ft I could have bought a spool of Sky High.

I have never been good with pressure sales and all it does is piss me off and I don't ever want to go back again. That is all I see these shops doing anymore is forcing their garbage at you. I do wished it the shops now are more like they used to be where you could go in and hang out and BS about audio and talk about your dream equipment without a bias opinion.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

• 2 weeks later...

buying local sucks..

lets say the shop is an authorized dealer for XS power.. he has no stock of the XS batteries but has a few of the cheap brand.. that dealer will try and sell me the cheap no name batteries even when i want the XS.. they will even go to the extreme and charge an arm and leg for it so he can make me think about buying the cheap battery.. they also talk crap about other brands even though they are authorized dealers just to sell the junk they have

thats the main reason you see people running boss amps and other junk.. its dealers messing it up for the good brands

they also get you with the free installation BS. my brother fell for it and paid $500 for a hc2000.. i was pissed about it but he didnt understand.. damn battery cost $200 and he got charged $300 to have them carry it to his trunk and do a 3 feet run + and -... but he got free installation so he says

The last two times I bought locally was at least 3 years ago and both times were just a few ring terminals I needed asap. I am new to my area and a couple weeks ago checked out 3 audio shops locally and only 1 I will return to. The first one I asked for a price quote on 2 digital designs sub's and he would not tell me. Instead he said HE wants to focus on my highs and talked about 1 super tweeter he kept trying to shove down my throat. I let him know I had 2 sets of Arc audio components in the mail and apparently arc is low quality. News to me. His kicker tweeter is louder than 8 other top quality tweeters combined. The next shop the head salesman told me straight up my sundown 3500D is putting out nowhere close to 3500 watts. Only about 1000 to 1100 on a good day. No amp in this industry puts out that much power. I pray he is just misinformed because I don't appreciate liars. That would be very shameful and desperate. Either way I will not be returning

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

Archived