Second Skin Audio

2 SA-10 in an 05 Equinox Box Help

timc31610

Hey Guys my girl just bought a 2005 Chevy Equinox and of course she wants some bump. I have two Sundown SA-10's D4 along with an Alpine MRX-M100 (1000w rms @ 2 ohms, 600w rms @ 4ohms and 500w @ 1ohm???). I know there is no way to wire the subs to get the full potential out of the amp so i have a SQ 1200 on the way but it will have to be repaired before it will be useable. My useable dimensions ar 34"W x 17"D x 17H. This being my girl's daily ride I would like to build a 4th order so that the subs are protected but im not sure if I have enough room. If needed I could go deeper, possibly by another 17" if that would help. From my calcs for those two subs I would need a shared sealed chamber at 1.5cf and a ported at 3cf with about 40sq" of port in the 45-50hz range. Am I close or just so far off it isnt funny? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I kind of figured that. I know that a standard ported box would probably perform the best. My biggest concern is her putting groceries in the back then bumping the system and damaging a speaker. I may have to consider doing a single sub in a 4th, is that a possibility? Thank you for your input Joe, it is much appreciated!

Just re-measured, 34W x 12H x 20D is the max amount of space she will give up. Played with Torress a bit and this is what I came up with

EquinoxPorted_zps2fc60c07.jpg

Does this look close? I would like to hit the lows fairly well but want to stay away from peaky.

See if you can do two SA-10s in 1.2cubes sealed 3.6cubes ported tuned to ~49hz with 64sqin of port.

04 Honda Accord LX Sedan

Kenwood Excelon X998

XS Power D3400

XS Power D1200

Singer 275A alternator with factory bypass

64 sqft SecondSkin Damplifier

Build to be decided

:peepwall:

I wish I could! With my max dims i'm barely at 3.5 gross. I have settled on straight ported but with a twist to protect the subs. How do you calculate a center port? Is it essentially like doing two seperate ported boxes with the port sides together and just remove the center piece?

Thats a thought, but I want something a little more unique. As soon as I get started on it I will post pics and such. Need to get the box figured out first though.

Definitely goin ported, see torress shot above. Im just trying to figure out how to calculate a center port as opposed to port on one end of the box or the other.I've seen Joe x post up several boxes with center ports but I have no clue how to tune one.

Archived