Inline 4 engine in sunbeam

-Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky

-Old BMW 3 series

-240SX KA24 or SR20 if the budget allows (maybe the N/A SR20 with a RWD trans on it)

All I've got at the moment

Great ideas

There are so many E30s laying around that came with either four or six cylinder. I own a 325i and the 5 speed is fun to drive and easy to work on. Does it have to be limited to a 4 cylinder?

He def wants a inline 4 due to mpg. He doesn't want to make it fast, but instead a weekend cruiser with decent mpg. Was thinking about the k24de from the 240sx. Can't do F20C. Def going to look Into the 19xx bmws. I forgot that make their 3 series before in 4 cyl 5 spds haha.

Does anyone know the Mercedes c250? Maybe c200? It was 2000 prior. Inline 4 turbocharged engine ?

Also S15 correct me if I'm wrong, but the k24de was only in 1993-1996 240s?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

i'd go either Nissan or Mitsu. yeah I know the 4G63 is not a rear wheel out the box but Buschar Racing has a RWD set up with it and you can go with the AWD tranny.

I mentioned a EJ205 (wrx boxster engine turbo) but he doesn't wanna convert it to awd

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

If you want to stay vintage and don't mind hunting, why not try to keep it English and look for MG, Triumph, or Austin Healey motors/trans setups. Orrrrrr, Hayabusa motor with a turbo....

We def would love to keep it classy like that, but for some reason, my pops wants something Japanese. I meandont get me wrong, if we see one of those at a great price, we'll snatch it. It's just mostly, Japanese are cheaper. But the doors are def open.

He wants something we can jus throw it in the engine bay. No sort of conversions or frame work needed to be done. If that makes sense

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

If that is what he wants then for pure ease I'd give another vote to the Miata. By no means exotic, but then that can be good as you can actually enjoy the car instead of potentially having to continuously fix problems or search for rare/expensive parts. Loads of complete running driving cars around that are cheap to buy. Very good support for aftermarket. Reliable, easy maintenance, parts available easily, good on gas etc. As previously mentioned, SCCA class so the info/science to a lot of things is already done for you as far as tune, handling and the like. You could get adventurous and swap the whole suspension and all into the Sunbeam. Then you could use all the suspension tune stuff as well. Just a matter of how it all measures out I guess.

The thing with the miata and why it IS a high consideration is because of the size and cheapness. Small engine / tranny = easy swap into the alpine. Should only cost 2-3k to find one with decent Miles so maybe 3500-4k with transmission ? Or am I just clicking on the searches that wanna pocket rape us but that's what I think the $ is.

But yeah miata is a high consideration.

Edit : it's just if there's better options out there (turbo , etc)

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

-Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky

-Old BMW 3 series

-240SX KA24 or SR20 if the budget allows (maybe the N/A SR20 with a RWD trans on it)

All I've got at the moment

Great ideas

There are so many E30s laying around that came with either four or six cylinder. I own a 325i and the 5 speed is fun to drive and easy to work on. Does it have to be limited to a 4 cylinder?

He def wants a inline 4 due to mpg. He doesn't want to make it fast, but instead a weekend cruiser with decent mpg. Was thinking about the k24de from the 240sx. Can't do F20C. Def going to look Into the 19xx bmws. I forgot that make their 3 series before in 4 cyl 5 spds haha.

Does anyone know the Mercedes c250? Maybe c200? It was 2000 prior. Inline 4 turbocharged engine ?

Also S15 correct me if I'm wrong, but the k24de was only in 1993-1996 240s?

KA24de is in the 1991-up 240sx.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

Yeah the KA24E/DE is in every 240 sold in the U.S. Also, the C230 Kompressor Mercedes was a 2.3L supercharged 4cyl I think. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 200HP.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Don't know best years on the Miata or all the ins and outs of them, but that seems high price wise as it sounds like you are looking at buying just pieces (engine and transmission). I was thinking a whole car so you have a base to pull from as needed. Not pushing them. Just info sake. Of course, prices will vary with area, but had a look at my local Craigslist and see a 91 Miata that is described as excellent and looks clean in the pics for $3600 and a 92 with some paint issues for $2500. Those might be the worst years ever for them though lol. No idea on that part. Just know I see a lot of them at Laguna Seca etc.

So update would be: He would like to stay away from the BMW 4cyl's, even though there v6's and v8's are nice, he rather just stay away due to personal reasons. But he is looking around at the ka24de if he can find one in good condition or 2006+ miata engine / trans.

I googled SCCA but I'm kind of confused on what you guys mean with that when considering a miata. I came up with Sports Car Club of America ?? IDK?!?! ahahaha. But Miata or the 240SX 24de would be the highest on the list right now, due to manufacture / cost / aftermarket accessibility if needed .

But we're still deciding but we are looking on CL for 06+ miata engines or good condition 240SX engines (not rebuilt, any of that)

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Archived