Jump to content

Inline 4 engine in sunbeam


Recommended Posts

Posted

What's up SMD ,

Quick question if anyone had any suggestions, but I'm helping my pops with a rebuild on a sunbeam alpine. Not exactly an audio rebuild, but an engine / transmission rebuild.

Short story, he wants a inline 4 whic produces 160 minimum hp (turbo charged preferred, w/o is just as good) engine / transmission to drop in his alpine. Must be rwd. Stick is preferred but automatic is okay too since transmission is being replaced too.

A few engines were lookig at is miata, a Mercedes c class (forgot exact model), maybe a mr2 spyder but that produces only 140 so..

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions !!

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

Chunk an old Vtech from a 90's civic into there.

cheapest and most widely avaliable performance mods for it too, but you want RWD. :/

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Posted

Yeah we would consider civics, shit, I would let him even use my 2.5 5 spd in my 05 Accord, but it has to be RWD. We would throw a F20 or F22 (s2k engine), but they are rare and cost $$. dont get me wrong , our budget can buy most engines, but a F20/22 can be around 8-12$ for engine / transmission / install.

Old preludes were RWD at some point I'm pretty sure, but I knew they were 2000 before. Even 1998 and before I think.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

-Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky

-Old BMW 3 series

-240SX KA24 or SR20 if the budget allows (maybe the N/A SR20 with a RWD trans on it)

All I've got at the moment

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Posted

I hate to even suggest it, but a motor from a Miata should be very very easy to find. Since they have a class dedicated in SCCA, I'm sure there are a plethora of mods and upgrades available for the engines.

Another possible option would be an engine from a truck, like a late model Chevrolet S-10 or something like that. It will be inline, rear wheel drive configuration.

Lastly, Ford has the SVO Mustang(you should Google) in the mid 80s. That would be a sick conversion.

Edit-German motors could include an engine/trans setup from like a 2002 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe. It would be pretty trick to have a blown Mercedes engine in that tiny car mated to a 6 speed manual ;)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

-Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky

-Old BMW 3 series

-240SX KA24 or SR20 if the budget allows (maybe the N/A SR20 with a RWD trans on it)

All I've got at the moment

Great ideas

There are so many E30s laying around that came with either four or six cylinder. I own a 325i and the 5 speed is fun to drive and easy to work on. Does it have to be limited to a 4 cylinder?

16574c3b-6f58-4a1b-9d20-bc84095d0449_zps5dacca75.jpg

Posted

If you want to stay vintage and don't mind hunting, why not try to keep it English and look for MG, Triumph, or Austin Healey motors/trans setups. Orrrrrr, Hayabusa motor with a turbo....

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

i'd go either Nissan or Mitsu. yeah I know the 4G63 is not a rear wheel out the box but Buschar Racing has a RWD set up with it and you can go with the AWD tranny.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...