Second Skin Audio

POLYFILL HELP PLEASE!!

Jayd0002

sorry SBG. This is the first time ive posted on this. I dont even know how to use this yet. Dont even know how to find the enclosure forum. I hope I have not ruined any one elses day by posting this help question in the wrong spot. I will be more careful next time.

Just pointing it out. So next time you look before you just post. Because next time I'm sure your posts will have disappeared from not being in the right spot.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Might be uninformed so others please jump in, but just having a quick look at the specs on those speakers, would he not come out better trying to port the existing box for those woofers? Just playing around with winISD with non precise numbers for displacements, tuning etc. so as they say, actual results may vary, but still the response seemed much better from what I could see.

As mentioned previous, using poly fill gives a response as if the woofer is in a larger box than it is. Not sure if that is what you want if your ultimate goal is a perceived reduction in box size by the woofer.

Short answer is, you can use the box as is no problems. You will be fine too if you add poly fill to it. Now if it performs how you want it is a different matter. Having the correct box for the speaker you are using is the key. A great speaker in a poor box can sound/perform poorly. A lower quality speaker in a good box can sound/perform great. All down to having the box right.

Just make sure you have the electrical to support the power your amp claims it puts out. Not knocking the amp (or the speakers for that matter), just don't know how the amp actually performs. Some do rated, some are way over rated and some put out more than rated power. You just have to have the electrical support to make it happen either way.

^that amp does rated, just very power hungry,

op

post the measurements on your box and a pic if you can

you may be better losing 1 sub, or maybe even getting another

4 in that space you may be able to fit a ported box but 3 youll never fit

I dont know how to put pictures in john253a

Everything isnt installed yet. I'm starting the install this weekend. Ive already bought the box, Its gonna stay sealed, not putting ports in it, its too small for that- and definitely not getting any more subs. 3 12's are enuf..........for now..........

Just trying to figure out what adding polyfill is gonna do and if I should bother

Archived