static noise when bass hits wtf??????

Blake Farrar

Do you have a high pass filter set on the head unit or the amplifier? If you have it on the head unit, sometimes the digital filter can cause distortion when it tries to cut off the specified frequencies. If you have a HPF set on the head unit, turn if off and see what happens.

Face it, not all head units have the greatest sound processing available.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

this is fucking bullshit i redid all my grounds checked all the speakers and they all make the same noise the only thing the grouind seem to fix is the volt meter i swaped out rca's again and checked all the channels im honestly thinking of giveing up and selling my system and putting the stock radio in i dont know what to do anymore.....

try different HU, eliminate one thing at a time

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 7 months later...

I am having the same problem I have a 400w alpine vpower amp hooked up now with 2 12' Zeus hifonics subwoofers. I wanted to switch the alpine with a 1500w boss amp because the alpine cuts out when both speakers are hooked up when I switched them I turned the radio up and when the bass hits it sounds like my door speakers and tweeters are blown. Somebody please help its so annoying.

is it possible that the bass amp took a shit and is messing with my system????

Not trying to sound sarcastic, but ANYTHING could be part of or the whole problem. Disable the bass amp temporarily and see what you get.

It may help to make a list of EVERYTHING you have checked, and then a list of absolutely everything (whether it's likely or not) left to check. Cross items off one at a time. That's a lesson I learned from the military when I was an aircraft mechanic, you can not trust your memory or instincts at a moment like this, you're too emotionally invested and upset. You have to boil this down to a purely analytical problem, establish a list of possible faults, and cross items off the list.

Make those two lists, and I'll have a look at them. Hell, I may have some off the wall stuff to suggest, as may anyone else.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Archived