I'd like to see this test done to the old Punch 45, 75, and 150 series amplifiers ...

The origional "turn Key" bad ass Rockford amplifiers

These are from a while back, before I got the Dyno, but I expect similar numbers (certified):

RF Punch 45HD vs. Orion 222sx in 1080P

or embedded below:

RF Punch 150 vs. Phoenix Gold MS-275 in 1080P

or embedded below:

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Honnestly, I thought the Rockfords would fork out a tad bit better numbers ... but still, Bad ASS none the less !!!

I'm a Linear Power guy, but I love the overall output on those Punch series amplifiers !!! aparantly, I'm not the only one ... LOL

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

^ seems like I've seen dyno runs of those Terminator amps before. They put in work too.

Man this makes me love my Road Thunder line amps even more. I need to get my 4 RT2400x's (rated the same as the 2300s) worked on and tuned up. Ditch the Brutus amps and go ALL MTX Road Thunder. Mids, Highs, Bass and sub-bass. Just a big wall of amps.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Ditch the Brutus amps and go ALL MTX Road Thunder. Mids, Highs, Bass and sub-bass. Just a big wall of amps.

Man I'd love to see this !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 3 years later...

I still have a mtx thunder 2300 and a mtx thunder 2300x mtx is by far the best amps I have ever owned I would slam six mmats p2.5 12's with those daily beatin for hours daily  it kept destroying my subs 20 years old and still works like brand new but now I'm putting two American bass xfl 1544 on two mtx 81000d amps it going to be ridiculous  but yea 20 year old amp brutally used daily and still holding up I've had so many amps before mtx that blew up my crank 1001d was awesome butt the bass shook the screws out of the board snd rolled into the mosfets solder joints talk about your heart sinking that amp was 1000 dollars way back then that was like 5000 in today's inflated money prices lol I might as my Xtant 1001D :-(  that was like the second class D amp made I think. I think mmats was the first I think they was the pioneers of inventing class D technology they really changed for the fame in subwoofer amps

• 3 months later...

Hey BigD, I have a 2300 that blew when a sub melted back in 2006. I have been trying to repair it for about 6 years but stuck because it blew so bad it melted the tracks off the board in one area. Do you have any high quality digital photographs of the board so I can reconstruct the layout and components? Both Sides are damaged. 

Be great to finish this project finally!

Jon

IMAG9413s.jpg

Archived