Second Skin Audio

why you don't buy prefab!

Aj11

are your talking about my double chamber reflex box? or the pos prefab i have?

if your referring to my dcrb I'm gonna do slot vent. because if i go with port I'm gonna eithe rneed 3 4inch flared aero Ports for all 3 ports which is just ... well allot! or i need 3 8inch psycho ports and there like $120 each and that's just not in my budget right now! i already have way to much into this and still need another $2,000 worth of gear to be finished. so spending $360 on ports just isn't Goona happen.

i was thinking about doing a normal slot vent port with interchangeable ports so i could go for numbers on the term lab. but i want to try this dcrb so bad! no one seems to know anything about them i need to know!

and its ok! I'm the OP!lol

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Aj look at the sonotube/concrete forming tubes. Cheap and with some resin/creativity you can make o e hell of a port. I'm working on a a design using a 10" sonotube. Just trying to figure out the flare.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I had an audioenhancers box for my 15" mtx 9500 and it sounded damn good but their boxes are designed very well and you pick the box you need for recommended air space i mean hell the front was double baffled you hardly ever see prefabs do that... So not all are bad

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Alaskan, I've heard of people using them with really good results but i would have to figure out a way to flare each end and i have to build in the trunk. see where that becomes more of a puzzle then just building a box. i know that if i could extend the Ports out of the box i could prolly get a Lil louder but that will also take away precious trunk space. i really think I'm gonna do a normal slot vent and save my self a big headache!

i was trying to think if my port height is 16inches would 4in wide be enough for a 15 like the EXO?

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

For flaring sonotubes what I've came up with so far is hats called a bellmouth, hvac companies use them. Then there is getting a nice 1-2"roundiver bit and using mdf. I'm thinking of a plastic bowl and hearing/flaring it then attach to the son tube with epoxy and strengthen with resin/mat.

I've seen people do things such as PVC cut length wise and places inside the port just at the opening and came up with the idea of using some pipe insulator and wrapping it around the end of the inside opening of the port over the edge. Resin/glass it in places then sand and paint it for a smooth rounded edge.

wouldn't be a flare but a nice round surface I stead of a sharp edge and in a 10" round port I think it would work out good.

as for your port question (16x4) gives you just above 64" of port area. I don't know that sub but I would think that would be good for a single 15.

oh and after looking at pics of what your trying to do I had a prefab like that with a single 12 on 1500rms. Dual chamber box with 45 and 35. Hz tune ports. The port on the chamber the sub was in was 35hz and the secondary chamber 45. Opening to the 2 chambers was about 3x15" and roughly 6" long. Chamber the sub was in was 3cuft gross other chamber was 1cuft gross I think.

box sounded great and got loud. Was the best prefab I ever had.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

abcboxports-nggid0233-ngg0dyn-480x360x10that sounds like allot of work time and material! and like i said i will need to do all that 3 times and work inside.the trunk of my car. FUUUUUUUUUK THAT! id rather just slot vent it and call It a day!

do you think 16tall 4wide port will be enough port area for this monster 15?

in case you haven't seen it here is the basic idea again. thinking 6ft plus gross with a 16 tall 4wide port still tinkering with the length want to get it just right. from all my playing around with port.length and box size there will be.around a 8-9hz difference between the 2 chambers

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

It would take a lot of work.

to me 64" of port area is fairly big for a single 15.

recommended for mine is 49"/sub from the manufacturer and for round ports they suggest 6" aero per sub. They also suggest a smaller box for round ports but I'm shooting for 6-7cuft net either way.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

maybe 3.5 then. all i know is this sub has allot of xmax and with.both of my amps I'll.be using every bit of it. if i were to compare it to another sub id say a z4 or team fi. i think.there the same weight of the z4s. i just.don't want to choke it. bb Told me he built a dcbr box for the old exo and used 2 4inch ports for all 3 and it wasn't nearly enough port! he Said he had port noise like crazy!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

Your going with a big box and anmean sub, I think the 16x4 should be good. Talk with them about what they recommend for port area.

for round ports you might be better off with 2 6" port or single 8" ports. The length needed is the biggest issue with big round ports. Slot ports are easier to get smoother bends imo.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived