Second Skin Audio

Help designing a box

bmxkid92

Post amp, vehicle models you are using and max dims for a box and then the desired max depth you want so that you still have space.

my amp is (for right now) a crunch powerzone p1100.2. im in a 1999 honda accord lx 4 door. my subs are the obsidian audio 10v3s. on the sight they recommend for a ported box to be anywhere from 0.8 to to 1.25 ft^3 which is I'm guessing after displacement of the subs. (0.15^3). and recommended tuning is 34 to 36 Hz. I took some measurements of my current box (prefab) . 32 inchs long. 10 in. deep. and roughly 12 1/2 in. tall. I'd like to stay somewhere around those dimensions if possible. with the port on the right side of the box. or whichever ya'll suggest for best performance. Simply put I want to be able to get to my spare without having to remove my box. 20140426_182101_zpsfpswxz1l.jpg20140426_182055_zpsklgnfjly.jpg

Here's what can be done on your space, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, figure is just an assembly guide:

2oa10.jpg

210SFPF_zps62006a0a.jpg

hell yeah thanks a bunch. gonna start gathering my supplys.. but my amp doesn't have a subsonic filter. will that pose as an issue

Archived