rocking.that.eclipse Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 Is there any real gains for wiring up compared to wiring down? Hypothetically if you can get dual 2 ohms subs and parallel them to 1 ohm would that have any difference from getting a dual .5 ohm sub and wiring up to 1 ohm? I'm just sitting here pondering life and wondering this. I have a gut feeling it has something to do with the amperage that is moved through the wires but I have no idea to tell you the truth
Aj11 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 i heard that wiring down is always better. I'm having the same question. getting a single 15 and i will be strapping it to 2 Amp. i didn't know if i should a dual 4 run it down to 2 then strap to 1ohm. or.if i should get a dual 1 run up to 2 then strap down to 1ohm. like i said i heard that dropping them down is always better. but its only something I've heard. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
rockFord_Expedition Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 As long as the sub isn't over driven, it doesn't matter. You just want to consider wiring options if you were to expand so you don't make any of your gear useless or whatever. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Aj11 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 from what i wad Told there is less resistance when you wire down the whole way instead of wiring up.drop down. the difference is minimal but it is still there. someone here told me this. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Karkov Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 In for info. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
hammiethebasshead Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 I have always heard wiring parallel or down is better. And here is a video from ShowtimeSpl explaining some things once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
rocking.that.eclipse Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 I was kinda hoping AMI or Wicks had a good response for this. I'm in to see
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.